Monday, December 21, 2009

Weekend Report - Floor Joist

This morning I started typing my post. Then I tried to move some photos from Jesse’s camera to my computer. The computer froze, and it isn’t even that cold in OK. Thinking that I had saved my writing, I had to power off to thaw my computer. As long as the computer was off and I was stopped, I decided to do some things around the house and run to town to do some grocery shopping. Now I am home and I find that only part of what I typed was saved. Dang. I’m sure I was quite clever this morning, but that has passed. You just get the leftovers from my day - after I’ve been to Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart was so busy that traffic on Hwy 81 was backed up for two lights trying to turn in. Much like my computer this morning, my brain froze. Dang again. I was planning on trying to make a rather dull weekend sound exciting, but due to Wal-Mart Brain Freeze, I just don’t have it in me. I will tell you that we worked on the house. We finished the floor joists. Jesse documented the progress with her photos. These are her feet and Toby's work. me and the animals - we are very helpful. Jack loves to be held. Now we have to wait on the air conditioner/heater man to do his thang before we put down the decking. I would love to deck the halls by Christmas – for sure by New Years.

Did I mention that I love Christmas music? I may not decorate for Christmas, but I love to play the music. Dish Network has some Christmas music channels that work pretty well. I like a variety of Christmas tunes – everything from classical to rock-n-roll. Although, the Painted Ladies played some Christmas music that only a whale could appreciate - certainly not an artist who wanted to stay awake.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Buck said...

Wal-Mart Brain Freeze

Heh. I've been looking to ID this mystery ailment that's been afflicting me off and on... and there it is! Thanks, Lou. ;-)

Sorry about your 'puter and stuff. That's NOT good. The rest of today's post is good, tho.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, I've often thought that there was something in the automatic doors at Wal-Mart that erased my brain. There is also something at the check-out counters that causes impatience and irritablity.

joyce said...

deck the halls...you give it new meaning!!! And so good for the granddaughters to see a house put together step by step.

Thanks for sharing!

Jesse Baggett said...

Those are some crazy awesome pictures you got there ;)

Becky G said...

Pandora.com is also good for music of all types.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks Becky, I use Pandor quite a bit, but the TV is so easy.

Junk Diva said...

Your floor looks HUGE!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to come see the progress.