Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Plague of Toads

Sleep was fitful last night. Part of the problem could have been the achy back and sore joints from working on the house that cause you to be uncomfortable, wake you up, and get you to thinking about things that you have no control over. That last part is not necessarily true – you began thinking about things that you thought you had control over, but it turns out that you did not really have control. Those things resurface to plague you once again. Why they come in the middle of the night, I don’t know. I guess our guard is down at night. It carried over to my morning, and I was whiney and grumpy this morning. Although I need to apologize to Toby and Jesse, I can’t do it until I get those things back under control. I get this mental image of little toads jumping out of my mouth, hopping all over the house, and I can’t gather them all up. Yet, it is difficult to swallow a mouthful of toads.

3 comments:

Buck said...

Hmmm. Maybe it's the weather. I slept fitfully last night as well and finally gave it up and got up way too danged early. But I have no one to blame but myself... one of those irritating lil things about a single life. (insert big grin here)

Junk Diva said...

Toad Breath!!!!

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
My dogs did bark at the coyotes too. It happens when the moon gets full.

Diva,
LOL