Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Taos Mountain and Ballet

Jesse and I are going to head to WF today, because we can. We do have some legit errands to run, well, nothing really important. It is good to go kick around with Mom now and then.

My friend, Patsy, posted this photo of Taos Mountain on Facebook I stole it. It sure makes me long for the mountains. It reminds me of when I was a little girl taking ballet - that was the same view we saw out the windows of the Bette Winslow Dance Studio. The really cool part was that the view was also reflected in the huge wall mirrors of the studio - so we were surrounded by this view. It was like dancing in the mountains with a gold and pink sunset. I think I have mentioned this memory before, but it's worth repeating. This photo also reminds me of all the times that I spent the day shopping in Taos and then headed home - that was the view.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that photo....we took a trip to taos last year it was so incredible

Buck said...

Taos is definitely one fun place to visit. And you know the corollary to THAT sayin'. ;-)

Staci said...

Back in the day, I went to church camp every summer - both at a camp in Oklahoma and, when older, to a camp at Monte Vista, CO. There was a lady who helped with the camp every year who lived here but also had a business in Red River - I think? Her name was Lovilla and for the life of me I can't remember her last name. And I could be completely off base and imagining things, but I think her family's business was tourist-related and included a "wild west show". Or something like that.

Anyway....that has nothing to do with anything, but it crosses my mind when I see your posts about NM.

Beautiful mountain!

Bag Blog said...

Staci, that would be Lovella Frye Bowser (sp?). Her father owned Frye's Old Town, which was a curio/souvenir store built to look like an old West town. Every afternoon in the summers they put on a shoot-out and bank robbery. They were actually from Woodward, OK. They employed lots of young people from OK to run their stores. My husband works with a man at Halliburton that used to work for the Frye's and be in the shoot-out. What fun! I think about Mr. Frye every summer, because in his welcome during the shoot-out he would mention how beautiful and cool the mountains were. Then he would say, "But I bet it's hotter'n the hell in Texas!" and the crowd would all laugh.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, I love your stories. Ballet in the mountains and hotter'n hell in Texas! Thanks for the smiles.

Staci said...

It is such a small world sometimes... after you left your comment, I had to text my two best friends (who went to church camp with me - like 35 years ago!!) and we all had a good time remembering Lovella. :)