Friday, January 07, 2011

Birthday Boy


Today is Toby's birthday.
He is well loved, although he did have to bake his own birthday cake.

Update:
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. I wanted to explain the cake thang. Toby did not tell me that he needed to take a cake to work on his birthday. He knew I had plans last night and could not bake a cake when he said he was baking his own cake. I felt bad, but he wanted to bake his cake - Little Red Hen Syndrome. He did a great job, by the way. His cake pan came home empty. He said that only three people at work wished him a happy birthday, but everyone had a piece of cake – bunch of hicks.


Jesse got home in time to help with and eat birthday supper. Then we all worked to make apple turnovers with puff pastry for dessert. It is not cake, but it was tasty. We ate these hot out of the oven with vanilla ice cream over them.
If you are wondering how old Toby is, well, he says this was the second anniversary of his 27th birthday.

I have to tell you that I met and had lunch with Bob and Joyce and their daughter-in-law today. They were delightful, and not just because they bought lunch. I laughed all through lunch at their stories. Their son, Capt. James, is in Afghanistan, but will be home on leave soon – hopefully in time for the birth of their first son – very exciting stuff. Meeting these bloggers was great. I hope to do it again soon.


Now we are going to settle down and watch A&M whip the socks off LSU.

14 comments:

Deb said...

Looooouuuu, you made him bake his own cake?

Christina RN LMT said...

Happy Birthday, Toby!

Andy said...

HB, Toby! You're a blessed man, for sure.

As I'm sure you are a blessing to others...

Dale said...

Happy Birthday Toby!! I see by the picture that you already have your bestest Birthday gift. There ain't nothin' like a hug from a Princess! Have a Great Day my friend!!

Buck said...

Happy Happy Toby!!

John said...

Have a great B-day Toby...take care and enjoy your day.

Junk Diva said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Toby!!!!!!!!!!

joyce said...

I am six months and four days older than Toby ! If Bob had to make his own birthday apple pie, I wonder if he could do it?! When I came home from Fort Sill yesterday I had to show them where I "hid" the shop vac filters on the shelf in plain view. I am all the time "hiding" things.

We had a great time, too! And we dined at Cracker Barrel with Ben as he loves their catfish. Happy we-be-lated birthday, Toby!

Bob said...

So Joyceee -- you hid the shop-vac filters in plain view, you say? Might as well have been in Plainview -- they go in the hall closest! Why would I go rummaging through the garage to find something in the hall closet? And what's all this about my not being able to make pie? I could bake apple pie if I wanted to, but I prefer to let you do it. Come to think it; it's been a while since we had pie, hasn't it? Well, that's not quite true -- Amber made pie. I guess she likes me.

Oh yeah, "Happy birthday, Toby."

Bag Blog said...

Bob and Joyce, You make me laugh. I made the apple turnovers. Toby made chocolate sheet cake, but he helped with the turnovers.

Christina, is that a new hair-do. Very nice!

Dale, the GGs sang to Toby too - very funny.

Buck said...

I'd rather have hot apple turnovers and ice cream than cake... but that's just me. ;-)

Catherine MacDermott said...

Happy belated b-day Toby!

Deb said...

Capt. James, is in Afghanistan, but will be home on leave soon – hopefully in time for the birth of their first son prayers to Capt. James to make it in time and safely.

MezzoCO said...

Happy New Year, Lou!! :)