Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Nothing But Lazy

I did absolutely nothing yesterday. Today I plan on going around and picking up my snotty Kleenexes and folding up my nest of quilts and pillows. I’m still hacky today, but better. A hot toddy and Claritin D worked well last night, and I got a good night’s sleep. Since I’m not 100% yet, I may take it pretty easy today. Maybe I can bilk out another day of lazy here at the Lazy B.
Just to show you that I have not been a complete lump, here is a painting that I finished. It is a copy of an oil painting by Doug Higgins, called "Chamisal Snow." I loved his colors and looseness and wanted to try the painting in watercolor. I also loved his painting because it reminded me of NM. In fact there is a town called Chamisal. Toby had a trash collection site in Chamisal and always had some crazy story from the people there. We often thought that might have been the town where "Red Sky at Morning" was set. If you are not familiar with "Red Sky at Morning" then think "Milagro Beanfield War."

5 comments:

Buck said...

Nice job on the painting and I'm glad you're on the mend!

Is your kitchen clean this morning? ;-)

wv: noutflod. Yer nout flods a lot when you have a cod.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, Yeth it doth.

Amanda said...

Sorry you've been sick. :( The painting is lovely, though. You've been much more productive than I would be if I were sick in bed. I milk it for all it's worth. :P

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Like the painting! Wish I could lounge around in my mucousy misery, but I've been slogging it out at work. Would love to be able to breath again.

Bag Blog said...

BR and Amanda, thanks for the compliments on the painting. I have a confession - I finished the painting before my cold got me down. I've been very lazy since then.