Thursday, March 24, 2011

What's in the Bag?

I painted with the Ladies yesterday, got my hair cut, did some grocery shopping, attended my ASL class and then went to church. It was a full day. The Girl is still off with her friends in CO. Here is a pic of her (stolen off FB) doing some cross country skiing. Toby and I used to do quite a bit of cross country skiing, since he has bad knees and does not like downhill skiing. We used to take a picnic lunch with some wine and cheese and maybe some schnapps (for warmth) and head out with friends to the Enchanted Forest Ski Area in Red River. It was good fun, back in the day. So I was wonderin' what was in Jesse's back pack.

7 comments:

Buck said...

So I was wonderin' what was in Jesse's back pack.

That brings to mind the ol' sayin': "Don't ask the question if you can't stand the answer." OTOH, I'm thinkin' you pretty much KNOW what's in the backpack, right? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I have a question. Do you have an Aunt Daphne with a son JayBird? I knew people with same names in Dallas Texas many years ago and have tried to find them. Funny how I came across your blog. Google is awesome. Let me know via email. rcarolbarker@yahoo.com Thanks Rhonda!!

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
in 1990 there was an HBO movie called "El Diablo" with Anthony Edwards and Louis Gossett Jr. The kids and I watched it over and over - it was a very funny western. We pretty much memorized the movie and still use the lines from it. One of our favorites is when one the good guys is holding a bag with a snake in it, the bandito asks, "Whas een the bag?" The good guy answers, "You don't wanna know." Of course the bandito shoots him dead. When the bandito opens the bag, the snake bites him and he dies,too. That may not sound funny, but you would have to see the whole movie.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, So you don't wanna know whas een the bag.

Buck said...

Thanks, Rhonda.

Jo Castillo said...

I don't like to be cold, I know what I would have in the bag! (So have never tried skiing.)

Amanda said...

Ha ha! You make me laugh!