Wednesday, August 31, 2011

School, Art, Energy

Monday was my first day of school, and it went well. I will tutor/homeschool two young ladies (sisters) on MWF. Since I refer to my grand-babies as GGs, I will refer to my big girls as BGs. The day went really smoothly, but then the excitement of the first day of school usually makes things fun. When the new wears off, they may get tired of me. But I think we will work well together, even after we have rubbed along for a while. They are some good girls. BGN1 is very grown-up and responsible. I don't know her as well as I know BGN2, who has been in my art class for a couple of years. It will be interesting to get to know her. BGN2, well she is a pistol, and I already love her.

Tuesday was a day off. I got a some sort of sore throat sinus thang - thank you, Jesse. Apparently I did not give Jes enough sympathy when she had this sore throat thang last week - so she gave it to me.
I did manage to do a little commission watercolor for a friend. He wanted a painting of the area around Paso Robles. Doing this little wc made me realize how out of practice I am with my paints. I need to be more organized and diligent with my art. Famous last words!
I also baked this peach pie. It will probably be my last peach pie for the season. Peaches were cheap. I'm really looking forward to fall cooking - especially as my kitchen comes together. Now that the HHH is over and school has started, I need to get my routine on and my diet back. Please, God, give us some rain and cooler weather along with a better attitude - one that has more energy.

6 comments:

Buck said...

Sorry about the sore throat, Lou. You could always give it BACK to Jes, no?

You are always so critical of your own art work, but then we are our own worst critics, always. I think the painting looks just fine and I'll bet the person who commissioned it will think so, too.

In re: Fall cooking. I'm looking forward to that, too, mainly coz I'll have a REAL kitchen to work in by the time Fall arrives. I'm already making mental lists of stuff to buy... like a crock pot, a blender, and mebbe some other stuff I got rid of at the end of Former Happy Days.

Deb said...

When the new wears off, they may get tired of me. Highly unlikely Missy, I'm sure they'll fall in love with you.
I too am looking forward to getting back in the kitchen. You can only grill for so long before you get tired of the same old, same old.

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
I have had the same thoughts about a "real kitchen" and buying things to go in it. I want a rice cooker and one of those bag-sealer thangies to put food in the freezer.

Deb,
Thanks for the kind words. I hope to make the BG's school year fun. As for grilling - it has not been fun. It has been hot windy here and any outdoor activities are grueling.

Becky G said...

Mmmmm peach pie. Reminds me of my Navy days when one of the cooks was trying to woo me. He definitely knew the way to my heart.

Bag Blog said...

Ah Becky, you are giving away your secrets.

Moogie P said...

I love the watercolor! I've never bee quite able to master them. Or even approach mastering them.

Glad you have good students. Sore throat-sinus things are the worst.