Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All I Want for Christmas...

It has been nice to have Jesse home a little more often. Although, moonbeam that she is, it is difficult to keep up with her. She wanted to have some Christmas parties here, and I am sure we will, but I need my kitchen to be just a little more put together first. In the meantime, she has been visiting her friends and catching up on Okie folk. She has also been going up to The City and doing a bit of work in order to keep herself in the money. Maybe she will post some photos of her pottery from the fall semester. She took a box load of mugs to the coffee shop hoping to sell some - that money thang again.

The weather has been dreary the last few days - not bad really, but overcast. Between the weather and silly Christmas shows, I could be Debbie Downer. Instead, I am planning on getting out and about today - maybe paint with my friend Barb. That should be more fun than watching movies, although I can't seem to stop myself from watching mushy shows. My favorite Christmas movie is "The Family Stone." It is a bit quirky, and not really very uplifting, but for some reason, it touches me. I should have pulled it out of the dust-bunnies and watched it while Toby was off on in Houston the last few days. He will be home tonight - things will be looking up. No watching chick-flicks with him around. Hopefully the rest of our tile will come in and we will finish the kitchen. That is my Christmas wish.

5 comments:

Buck said...

Our WX has been dreary, too. We're supposed to go into the very high 50s today, but the warmer temps are accompanied by rain and wind. So much for my dreams of an outdoor Happy Hour.

It's good that Jesse is home for the holidays. Rumor has it SN1 & Co. may be in P-Ville for Christmas... I sure hope so.

re: your previous post's comments. I suppose I knew Dan Fogelberg died but I had to go to The Wiki to make sure. And then I went and listened to "Same Old Lang Syne" and got a little misty myself. Fogelberg was pretty high on the playlist back in Former Happy Days... not that particular song, but others from the mid-70s.

Becky G said...

I've never heard of The Family Stone. I'll have to look it up on Netflix. Thanks for the suggestion.

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
I love me some Dan Fogelberg, including "Same Old Lang Syne." Mrs. G of the previous comments is of a younger generation, and I'm sure it sounds corny to her, but that's okay. I still like it.

I hope you get to see your family for Christmas - that would make up for lots of dreary weather.

Becky,
Be warned. "The Family Stone" is quirky as I said before.

Moogie P said...

I know what you mean about husbands and movie watching. I had done some Christmassy stuff yesterday as was really in the mood to watch my favorite, "Chrimas Vacation," but Pepper said he preferred to watch something new rather than a movie he's seen 97 times. *sigh*

I didn't know Fogelberg died! Guess I missed that post. He was a favorite back in the day.

Bag Blog said...

Moogie,
We should have a girls night of old Christmas movies.

I still get sad to think that Dan Fogelberg died.