Monday, January 23, 2012

Weekend Report - Fee-ass-co!

Sometimes when things start out bad, you think they can only get better, but that is not always the case. There is always Murphy's Law.

Friday was a beautiful day with temps in the mid 70's as I drove to WF to attend an art show with Jesse. Just as I got to WF, my car started making some odd noises - like whistle noises. Then it got worse. I pulled over on freeway to take a look at what could be making the noise. Yeah, I looked under the hood, under the car, up in the wheelbase, etc. as if I knew what I was looking for. Nada. When I got back in my car to continue to Mom's house, the sound was much worse. Dang, it sounded like something dragging or grinding, but I was able to drive on hoping that my car did not just break in two. Once safely at Mom's, I called one of my brother's friends who took a look at my car. Long story short, my car is still in WF. I came home with Jesse. But the whole thang rattled me. I hate dealing with such problems - what to do , who to call, etc. If it were up to me, I would have driven it into a car dealership and traded it in.

Jesse said her day had been crappy too - literally. Mom's little dog had pooped in Jesse's room. Jesse had stepped in it and walked around the room before noticing. Then the dog went outside and rolled in something - more crap. Jesse had to bathe the dog for Mom. I'm afraid the dog may meet his end, if he keeps messing with Jesse.

But the art show was fun! Here is Jesse and her pottery. For a closer view you can see these pots on her blog. Jesse's teacher and buddies loved it that I whipped out my camera to take photos of Jes and the art show. The feature artist was Gabriel Dawe. I encourage you to follow that link and see more of his work. Very cool string art! By the time we left the art show, a cold front had blown in and temps had dropped drastically. My coat was in OK. This was very noticeable while pumping gas into Jesse's car before leaving WF - how can her car always be out of gas?

Saturday morning, we went to work around the Lazy B, as usual. Toby wanted to replace the little hydraulic thangies that lift the hatch on Jesse's Scion TC. They had been out of commission for a while. Jesse had been using a big stick to prop the hatchback open, but was worried that if it ever fell on her, it would crush her. The thang was heavy to say the least. Well, Toby found out how heavy. The hatchback did fall while he was working on it. Fortunately, he was not in the way, but the rear window shattered as did the tail-light. What a mess! We were all horrified, but thankful that no one was hurt.

Now we are two cars down. Sunday was interesting working out how to get everyone where they needed to be. Toby had signed us up to sing in an over 50's choir at church, which practices after church. Don't ask me why he signed us up. When I said I would rather sign than sing, he must have confused the words. I have the voice of a thirteen year old boy - kind of deep, but still girly.

After choir practice on Sunday, we were to attend a wedding shower (at the church). My son called on Sunday to say that he needed the Lazy B barn to work on his car and could we get his wife to the wedding shower. And we had to fit lunch in somewhere. So it was one of those, we all went to church. Jes did not stay for the choir and rode home with Bo. Toby and I stayed and sang, but he did not stay for the shower. He went home and handed the car off to Jes and Sara to drive back and attend the shower. They were to be my ride home after the shower. Geeze Louise! I had been at church all day. By the time Jes and Sara arrived at the shower, I was ready to go home - tired of being nice. Don't worry; I sucked it up and stuck it out for the shower. When I did get home it was to a house full of GGs and neighbors trying to catch their pony, which has been enjoying our grass for a while now - a pony rodeo!

Eventually, the GGs went home, Jesse drove my car back to WF leaving hers with a busted window, the neighbors gave up on catching Nacho, and Toby and I were alone, and it was quiet. We watched a little football. Not that I care about who won any of the games, but the teams that I did choose to cheer for, lost. Yep, it was that kind of weekend.


Buck said... can her car always be out of gas?

Sounds like good planning on Jes'es part if Mom is the one who fills it up. ;-)

There was football this weekend? I thought it was over and 'Bama won it all.

Bag Blog said...

I don't always buy her gas, but since we were using her car, I did. When she comes home, she uses my car sometimes - 'cause her's is low. Or possibly she is conserving her gas.

I didn't cheer for 'Bama either.

Becky said...

Whew! I was tired just reading your post! Sounds like a very busy weekend.

I've just about given up on college football. Too much politicking and not enough, well, FOOTBALL. When you vote on who gets to play in the championship game instead of making them earn it --not saying there was any foul play-- but the scenario sure lends itself to corruption. I'll stick with real football from now on. The professional kind. Where they earn their rings.

Bag Blog said...

It was a wild weekend. Football is okay, but not that important to me. It has been a part of my life for so long, it is just something you do.

Mrs. G said...

I thought you did very well and kept your composure beautifully.

Bag Blog said...

That was one of the best wedding showers that I have been to. I probably would have been dancing on the tables if I had not been so tired.