Friday, December 28, 2012

Two for the Show

You know you are getting old when you take a drive to town, pick up coffee at McDonald's (because there is not other place in town to get coffee), and go through the car wash. Woohoo! A big time on the town! Actually, Toby has been sick for the last several days and has not been out of the house since Christmas Eve.  This evening he was feeling better and needed to get out and about. Hmm, I guess he was over his sickness, but  had cabin fever.

In the meantime, I uploaded another talent show video to my YouTube account. It took all day - again - but it was well worth it. I think you will enjoy this little skit. Toby and Jesse practiced this one before the actual show.  Their practice was probably more fun that the talent show performance, because Jesse fell into fits of giggles throughout the practice.  She was the same as a little girl - giggling and squealing during hide-n-seek making it very easy to find her. 

In this skit Toby is the arms while Jesse is the head, body, and feet.  They sing and dance to "Lonesome Polecat" from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."  It did take some practice for Toby to swing the axe and not hit Jesse or chop off her feet/hands.  The really tricky part was when the dancer jumps over the axe.  If you are familiar with the movie, you will love this part. GBN1 has watched the movie often and laughed through the skit - you will hear her.  At the end of the video, Max barks and runs through the scene and my son has to hold up the curtain for the end of the performance.  It was all great fun. 

2 comments:

Buck said...

Pretty cool... I watched the vid on the Tube o' You to get a larger format.

In re: cabin fever. I haven't been out o' the house since last Sunday, not even to walk over to the mail kiosk. It's just been too danged cold. But I have to go out today... I'm out of salad and tomatoes. I wouldn't go out if I didn't HAVE to, though. I don't seem to be as susceptible to cabin fever as I used to be.

Bag Blog said...

I didn't mind staying home and sitting by the fire reading, playing on my Kindle, etc. It has been cold. Toby, on the other hand, was not having so much fun.