Monday, February 17, 2014

Thankful Weekend

The weather turned warmer. I am so thankful. The wind has been howling, but I can handle that as long as the temps are not freezing. Friday evening we drove over to WF to take Toby's mom out for Valentine's Day. She had been to a party at her senior living center and was dressed and looking beautiful. Considering it was the first time since last August that she has been out to do something with us, we were all pretty thankful. Toby's sister and Jesse were there making it a fun party.

On Saturday we cleaned house. Then the GGs and Mr. T came over to make pizza with us. Toby had made up a batch of pizza dough - enough for four small pizzas - and let the girls put on the toppings. They really got into it. Mr. T was helpful too. Since the weather was good, they also spent a lots of time outside helping Crewcraw cut and load firewood (incase of another cold spell) and of course, they rode the four-wheeler. Later they painted some masterpieces. Mr. T painted for the first time. He got very excited about painting. I think everyone had a good time.

Sunday, of course, was church. After church was the usual big dog nap. Now I need to get ready for the next week with some more cleaning and laundry. I think Toby wants to bottle beer too. I am so thankful for the warmer weather.

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Perfect weekend! Looks like great family time. The GKs are getting so grown up!

Bag Blog said...

The GKs are growing fast. Makes me feel old.

Stefan said...

Mmm... Pizza. I'm going to eat a bunch before Lent, hee...

I don't know if anyone's told you, but that kitchen is great! I like the woodwork and all the tiles.

I'm having grout problem with my kitchen. It was cement color, but now has stains from various spills that won't come out.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks on the kitchen. We have some stains on some grout too. I get an old toothbrush after them from time to time. I think I will check at Home Depot for grout cleaner.