Thursday, August 21, 2014

I'll Be Back

I do plan on posting again. Things are just busy now, but I will be back. And when I get my new camera installed on my computer, I will have lots to share. Just so you know, it is August and it is hot. Last night at 9:30 we came out of a building to discover it was still 90 degrees outside. As Mr. T would say, "Yuck!"

I gave a speech at a homeschool meeting earlier this week. My purpose was to encourage parents to do a better job and set the bar higher. So I put on my English teacher hat and read poetry to the audience. I think they liked it.

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Lou, nice to get this note. How are your allergies? Hope you are feeling better.

I'm glad we are in the mountains and not in the heat! Yikes.

I bet your speech was great. I think all kids need higher bars now. There are no rewards for hard work or reasons to work hard. Everything is entitlement and free! Sigh.....

Amarillo Dave said...

I think teachers should be teaching only spanish now, as english is going to be a dead language in the southwest, what with a million people moving north every year, and citizenship no longer required to live in the USA.

Moogie P said...

We'll leave a light on for ya!

Bag Blog said...

Buen idea!

Bag Blog said...

I'm back. Now I need to get something posted.