Monday, August 11, 2014

The Week in Review

Well, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, nor is my arm broke. I just have not blogged lately.  Last week was a busy week. This week should be quieter. Last week Mom had cataract surgery. I went with her and then stayed the night. Last spring when she had the first eye done, she was one of the first patients early in the morning. We were in and out in three hours. This time she was the last patient. Her appointment was supposed to have been at 11:30 AM, but it was 1:30 PM before they even took her back for the surgery. We did not leave the hospital till after 4 PM. Mom was hungry - having not eaten all day.  We stopped at Scotties on the way home for a burger. Then I spent the night, although Mom was doing well.  The next day we got out and did a bit of shopping. Mom is wanting two chairs for her front room. We did not buy any chairs, but Mom bought four pair of sandals - as Toby would say, "Just to keep other ladies from buying them."

Also last week, I went to the doctor to see if he could do something about this sinus problem I've had since May.  I skipped the regular PA that I have been seeing and went straight to an ENT doctor. Hopefully he can get me well. I also did my yearly mammogram.  Halliburton brings the mammogram bus for three days of free exams. It is fast, easy, and cheap, which describes me pretty well.

On Saturday, we went to Lawton for the Lawton Rangers parade - to kick off their rodeo. We have been campaigning for our friend Josh Creekmore, who is running for District Judge. There is a group of us who all wear our yellow shirts and make a big showing at different events.  Mr. T and the GGs walked the parade with us - handing out candy and being pretty darn cute. Mr. T stole the show by walking independently (refusing to ride in his stroller).
  Toby and I are not in this photo, because we were a bit late, but you can see the GGs and Mr T on the far right. That is Josh and his cute family up front. It was one hot day with temps hitting 100. I was afraid we were all going to be melted into little yellow puddles.

After the parade, we went to WF to check the Moms - as usual.  We also did some shopping for a new washer/dryer set, since mine bit the dust this last week. The good news is that I am getting a new washer/dryer set. The bad news is that it won't be here until next Sunday. The good news is that I don't have to do laundry this week. The bad news is that I will have a big pile to do next week. I could go to the laundromat in town. That would be really bad news.

No comments: