Monday, August 22, 2016

Water Leaks

It has been wonderfully cooler here in OK the past week. Temps in the 80's to low 90's are a welcome relief from the typical 100 + temps. Last night Toby and I sat on the patio eating watermelon and enjoying the evening when we noticed water standing in the backyard. It did rain Friday night, but this was more water than should've been there. Toby went to investigate, but we both knew the reason for the water  - a water leak. Sometimes I hate Oklahoma.

If you have been with this blog in past years, you know we have water leaks way to often. In the winter the ground freezes and lines crack and break. In the summertime, the ground gets so hard that it cracks and breaks and shifts causing the waterline to do the same. It means that today, Toby and I will dig up the ground in the red glue-mud and fix another leak. The pipe coming into the house looks like a jigsaw puzzle as it is. Such is life in OK. At least it may be cooler than the usual. I will count my blessings.

So to cheer up your day, here is a few more watercolors from my Watercolor Month on Facebook. I chose paintings with the theme "water."

6 comments:

water blues said...

Watermelon, water leak, watercolors, cat water...

cat water ??

Well, I was thinking of you relaxing in front of the manor-house, or your Chateau, and then wondering if chateau was formed from chat (cat) and eau (water). argh...

Which reminds me of an old song (Love is Blue): Comme l'eau, comme l'eau qui court, Moi, mon coeur court après ton amour...

(like water, like running water, my heart runs after your love...)

You know, blue is a bad thing in English, but a happy thing in French, as in blue sky... Bleu comme le ciel qui joue dans tes yeux...

(Blue like the sky that plays in your eyes)

Good luck with your plumbing !!

Bag Blog said...

Water blues, the plumbing went so well, we did it twice.

Etienne said...

I had to see a arthritis doctor in Wichita Falls last week (she's over by the college), and took the toll road down, but decided it was too boring, so came back via Waurika, and turned east on Highway 29 at Marlow to I-35, and back to Cow Town. I witnessed the coach running his boys down the sidewalk in Marlow, so I guess they're getting ready for some football.

It was a nice drive, although Duncan was the worst part, because it seemed everyone was out driving their cars and unsynchronizing all the red lights!

Anyway, I can say I've been to Duncan, Oklahoma now. I can check all those off my Bucket List.

Bag Blog said...

Coup,
Duncan does have a bypass, but then you would have missed our little town😊

Bag Blog said...

Coupe, I have a friend opening a new coffee shop, roasting his own beans, etc in Duncan.

Ruanna Waldrum said...

Lou, pardon me for butting in here. You don't know me - I found your blog in a roundabout way. I have questions about when you met Marion Couse in a Taos nursing home. Even a little info (like - what year was it?) would make me so happy. Could you please drop me a line? I promise not to take much of your time. Thank you! Ruanna