Monday, October 16, 2017

Is It Fall Yet

It was cold enough this morning that I am wearing my happy house-shoes. They are much too warm for summer, but quite cozy in the cold. We did not run the air conditioner last night and actually put a light blanket on our summer bedspread. I slept like a baby. Well, I did have to get up and let the bad girl-dog back in the house. And I did take a benadryl and an ibuprofen before going to bed - one for my allergies and the other for my achy legs. Still I think the cool weather was a big factor in my good night's sleep. I love this cooler weather.

It was 90 on Saturday while we were in WF. My Uncle Bob (you can search uncle bob or bobby on my blog for lots of posts) was in town for his "last high school reunion." At the age of 80, I guess he doesn't think there will be more reunions. When Uncle Bob is in town, I drop everything and head to see him. He is special. This time, he had his eldest daughter with him, which was another treat. Since she lives in Hawaii these days, I rarely get to see her. Uncle Bob dropped her off with Jesse and me, and we spent the day visiting and having a great time.

This is an old photo with my Uncle Bobby and his girls. The one I visited with Saturday is on the left. I saw the other two cousins at Mom's funeral. They always bring sunshine and fun. And when the three sisters get together, LOOK OUT! It gets plum crazy.
Last Thursday only Robin Egg came to art. We painted pumpkins. Can you tell which two are mine?

5 comments:

Dr. Pumpkin said...

Top right, and bottom left. Only because I think you favor brightness. Although with the turquoise it looks like they are at the bottom of a swimming pool :-)

By the way, eating pumpkin seeds is good for improving your digestion (expelling parasites). It gets rid of parasites in the gastrointestinal tract. Helping with allergies and tiredness. You make a paste out of them with blender, 1/2 cup of coconut or almond milk and 1/2 cup of water for breakfast. Plus two glasses of water in the next hour.

You have to stay near the bathroom though...

Jo Castillo said...

It is so nice to have a couple of mornings with the windows open! Yay! I’m with you for fall. The house is nice and quiet with no ac running, although the new one is quieter.

I think the two paintings on the left. Just guessing! Nice work….

I think toasted pumpkin seeds fit in my world better. Ha.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bag Blog said...

Jo and Dr. Pumpkin,
You win! the two on the left are mine. I love roasted pumpkin seeds, but I hate to dig them out of the pumpkin.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.