Friday, October 27, 2017

Same Power

Same Power

I can see
Waters raging at my feet
I can feel
The breath of those surrounding me
I can hear
The sound of nations rising up
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome

I can walk
Down this dark and painful road
I can face
Every fear of the unknown
I can hear
All God's children singing out
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome

The same power that rose Jesus from the grave
The same power that commands the dead to wake
Lives in us, lives in us
The same power that moves mountains when He speaks
The same power that can calm a raging sea
Lives in us, lives in us
He lives in us, lives in us

We have hope
That His promises are true
In His strength
There is nothing we can't do
Yes, we know
There are greater things in store
We will not be overtaken
We will not be overcome


Greater is He that is living in me
He's conquered our enemy
No power of darkness
No weapon prevails
We stand here in victory


 This song is playing in my head this morning, maybe because I was a bit flustered yesterday. Toby had me run several errands in town yesterday morning. It was no problem and I got lots done. When I got home, my time was short before the art ladies came. Still, that was no problem either. I was just slow to remember that I had more ladies coming than usual and needed to clear my second table. Being a  bit of a pack-rat, it took me a while to get the junk off the table and get ready for art. Seven ladies showed up.  I didn't really have a lesson for them; just some choices on what they might want to do. Some chose to paint pumpkins in acrylic like Robin Egg and I had done a few weeks ago. Some chose to do little watercolors of fall scenes. None of it was a problem.  My "regulars" were helpful in setting up and helping the more needy.  But still, they were needy enough that I didn't get anything painted for myself. No problem. One of the younger ladies brought her 8 month old baby. Still not a problem. One of the ladies makes me a little crazed - something about her personality. And even that was not a problem. It may have been that my mind was on another project that I wanted to get finished, and I had somewhere to be that same evening. It could have been that I knew the gate had blown open and the horses were on the wrong side of the fence. Since there was little I could do about it, and I knew they would not wander far, I was good with it. I'm not sure what flustered me. 

There was really no problems whatsoever. I made it to my event that evening. I didn't get my project done, but it was not a problem either. That deadline was self-imposed and easily put off.  It was probably just the combination of all that was going on that put me on edge. It was the constant battle within myself to not let things bother me. By the end of the evening, I was stinkin' tired. And that is the reason for the song this morning.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

We can all use that song once in a while!

I wonder what makes days like that. Sort of figity and unsettled but still functioning!

Hope today is super! (We have cooler weather with wind)

Soapy Brain said...

I had the feeling all day I had forgot something. About 4pm I realized that I was supposed to go out to the property to turn off the water! I was supposed to do that at noon.

The well water was suds-ing (is that a word). There was like a light soap film coming out the hose.

I figured I'd let the water run for 24 hours and clean out the column of water in the well. I didn't use the water all year, so now getting ready for winter and shutting off the well.

I guess I need to have my water tested. Maybe they are drilling for oil nearby...

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
I'm not sure why we have days like that, but there it is. I think of myself as fairly laidback, but sometimes I can feel my anxiety level rising up.

Soapy Brain,
Now and then we accidentally leave the water to the horse trough running. What a mess!