Saturday, May 12, 2018

Everythings Going My Way


As the days get longer and the weather grows warmer it seems that life gets busier. Last week the little girl’s art class canceled due to everyone being too busy to come. The week before it was the big girl’s class that canceled. I enjoy my time with my girl’s art classes, but they take a lot of thinking, planning, creating, and maybe I get tired of thinking about art for other people. Summer break is good. Less time for others may mean more time for myself.

The old ladies have been slacking off too, except for Robin Egg. Not that I mind. I love my one on one time with Robin Egg – she is an easy keeper.  I’ve also had more time for my art.  Right now, I’m feeling pretty good about my art. I’ve been throwing pots in the mornings and doing some painting in the afternoons.  I’ve also been reading The Outlander series, which I love and could consume me, but hasn’t.  Okie t-shirts that said, “Everything’s going my way.” Of course, it had swirling wind images – which has been the way of things this spring.  For the last few days, the wind has died down a bit, but still whipping everything in sight.

My ceramic class finished up on Monday.  Although I would like to continue taking the class during the summer, I’m not sure that is what I need to do at this point.  I’ve really enjoyed my Mondays in WF with Jesse and the class.  It has been both structured and unstructured time for me – Vital needs.  Could that be the explanation for my well-being? Maybe. Partly.  My spiritual needs are being met as well as my people time needs. Creativity is another vital need. So I guess those things are important now that I lay them out and look them over. 

With the good weather comes outdoor activities.  The Chisholm Trail Arts Council is having a Paint-out in the Park on the 19th.  I will participate as well as help with that.  This weekend there is the Arts for All in Lawton, which is a big art thang in the park. I love going to things like that.  In June, the CTAC will have an Art Walk similar to the Arts for All, but on a much smaller scale. I did this art show a few years ago – it was dang hot! I will probably do it again – even in the heat.  Also, I have been asked to show my art at Viridian Coffee the month of June.  Lots to get ready for.

And then there is the usual yard stuff that happens when the weather is good.  We have already mowed several times. Toby is doing a smaller garden this year or at least it is smaller so far. He could get carried away with it later. I need to work on my flowerbeds, but I am procrastinating. I still have last year’s dead flowers out there. Yard work is not my thang – obviously.

Life is good. Art is going well. I sold a painting last night. Weather is nice. Who can complain?


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Sounds like things are going your way for sure. Inspiring me! We saw Byrd and Street last night and Tommy said he is drawing more and has a couple of commissions. Maybe this is art season! Good luck with all the events. Congrats on a sale!! Woot!

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
I am inspired right now. Wether I act on it is a different matter. Such a procrastinator