Friday, February 15, 2019

Going Postal

As Toby walked out the door this morning heading off to work, he said, "I don't think I want those boots after all.  Would you send them back for me?" He has been ordering work boots online. This is the second pair. The first pair he sent back last week. He packaged them up, but had to print out the label at work. I had to come to town and pick up the label and then take the package to the post office. It was not really a problem. This time he wanted me to just do it all.  For some reason that irritated the heck out of me. Maybe it's because ordering things online is easy and great, except when it doesn't work out and you have to send them back. Returns are not fun. Some stores provide a return label with their invoice - very convenient. But Amazon has not been doing that. Everything has to be electronical - online. You have to go to your account, go to orders and to returns and print out a label yourself. That works okay for someone who has a good printer. Don't even get me started on printers! Now Amazon has something where you can have the UPS store print out a label for you (apparently other people have printer problems, too) That is convenient, except when you live in small town Duncan where there is no UPS store.  So I called the Southern Box that is sort of a UPS store, but they don't have the scanner to read the code that Amazon sends. So I called the Post Office. After listening to several recordings and pushing buttons, I finally got a man who said, "Sure, I think we can do that. Or at least we should be able to do that." So I got myself put together and headed into town and the post office.  The lady at the window didn't mince words, "No. We cannot print labels." So I explained that someone at the PO said they could do it. She buzzed for her boss. I waited. And she was right, the Duncan PO cannot print labels. Sigh. Sometimes I hate technology.  I understand why people "go postal." Toby will have to take the package to Wichita Falls and take care of his package by himself.  Ha! Revenge is sweet.

Tomorrow I am getting up early to go to OKC for the Dale Martin pastel workshop. I 'm pretty excited. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, I hope Toby gets his return done! Wow. We have a UPS store, but we tried the label printing and their computer was down. Great internet in small towns. Ha. Printers are not fun…..not fun….

Oh, I hope you have a super day at the workshop! I’m root in’ for ya. Fun … fun ...

Bag Blog said...

Jo, you know I'm not really complaining about the PO. I am complaining about my printer problem. Ha! The workshop was inspiring - not lots of learning, but still good for me.