Saturday, June 01, 2019

Art Shows

I had a quiet week. It has rained so much that the yard has had rivers flowing through it - headed to the pond. We are in no danger of flooding, but the yard is saturated.  Oklahoma red clay does not drain well.  We finally had some sunshine starting on about Wed. I have been going out to the barn to throw some pots and take advantage of the still cool weather. On Monday Memorial Day, we worked in the barn, but we did work on the pottery room/man cave. We were putting the decking (ceiling) on top of the room. It required us to pick up and push sheets of plywood up on the walls. Toby rigged a thingie to help us. We pick up the plywood and set it on the thingie, breathed, and then pushed it up onto the top of the room. We almost died once. At that point, I called Bo to come help us. We really needed two people to put the plywood up and one person on the top to pull it up. Then that person could nail it in place, etc. Bo was a big help. If Toby and I had done it all  - all by ourselves, we would have been way worn out. As it was, we were just a bit worn out.

I also worked on getting some art pieces matted. Eventually, I will get those pieces framed. For a year now, I have known that CTAC signed Jesse and I to do a mother/daughter art show in Jan/Feb of 2020. I have been working to get some art ready for that show.  Recently, Chisholm Trail Heritage Center asked me to do an art show with the three ladies I used to paint with - the Painted Ladies - and they want the show in Jan/Feb of 2020. You may remember that one of the ladies died a year or so ago. Her daughter is tickled that we are doing this show and will show some of her work. But all that means that I have two art shows to prepare for. I can do this!

I am also getting ready for the Wild Rivers Paint Out in July again this year - lots to do.

We are in Wichita Falls at the moment visiting Toby's mom. I am stealing wifi. We will be having lunch with Jesse. She and Bo have birthdays coming up. Party time! I'll let you know more about that soon.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Wow, busy time for you. I think though, that the more you paint, the more ideas you get and the better/easier it comes. That’s my plan, anyway! Congrats and good luck with the shows.

Birthdays are OK, but I like Gene’s idea to celebrate the anniversary of his 50th.

Hugs and best wishes to the birthday “kiddos”!

Bag Blog said...

It is a busy time, but without my art classes I am hoping to get some things done. And I want to paint lots while in NM. That's where you come in!