Thursday, June 06, 2019

Plan Change

Making plans is not my thing - probably because it means making decisions. For about a week now, I knew Toby had to go to Houston on Wed. I had made plans to go to Wichita Falls and spend the day with Jesse and maybe the night too.  WF has an art walk once a month (first Thursday) where artists can set up their stuff in the downtown area for free or pay $30 to set up in the covered farmer's market area.  Jesse says that lots of people show up and it is a good time. We were planning on either setting up a table and getting rid of some art or just browsing and maybe hanging out.  They have music and stuff for entertainment.

Since my niece's wedding is coming up soon, we were also hoping to do some shopping for a new dress. I was also hoping to have lunch with my SIL and Jesse. Those were the plans.

Plans change. Toby called from work on Monday and said that everyone was on their own to get to Houston and did I want to go with him. He sounded excited. Usually Halliburton rents a van for everyone to ride together or they fly everyone down. But this time everyone had their own ideas and plans.  Toby likes to drive, because by the time we drive to OKC airport and get their early for check-in, fly to Houston, rent a car, drive across town, it is about the same amount of time as driving to Houston.  I really hated the thought of him working half a day and then having to drive to Houston by himself.  So, I canceled my plans to go with him.

I had to hop through some hoops to get everything lined up and ready to go. I was babysitting Jesse's dog. Rosie and I ran errands on Tuesday morning, got packed, and left with Toby after lunch. I left Rosie in the house for Jesse to get later.  He came home for lunch and we took off. We stopped in Muenster to get summer sausage and smoked sausage and a bottle of wine. Toby loves to get their sausage, and he got lots! We stopped in Dallas at Trinity Ceramics to get clay and stuff. We made it to the hotel in Houston by 9 PM. It rained a bit on us, but not bad. Traffic in Dallas was horrible. Traffic on I-45 was typical - drive fast or die.

Now I am sitting in bed with my coffee and internet. Toby has gone to work at Halliburton in Houston. I can browse til my hearts content, or maybe go set by the pool or take a nap.

Rosie helping me pack
Errands are hard work

7 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Road trip! That is special and fun. There is a Tom Landry restaurant in the Aquarium that is fun and good food if you go downtown. Decorated like you are underwater with the fish all around in the aquarium.
Have fun!!

Bag Blog said...

Jo, It is such a fast trip, that I doubt we do much of anything except drive. We have some places on our way home to stop at - like driving thru West and getting kolache.

Anonymous said...

I thought this would end with a story of how Rosie wandered away and you had to find her, so you were late leaving. Well, good thing the story didn't take that turn! When did Jesse get this dog? So cute!

FF

Lou said...

FF,
Jesse found the dog in her flower bed. She looked for the owner, but no one turned up.

Jo Castillo said...

The doggie is so cute. We found a similar looking little dog in the same way in Roswell back in the 60s. He, Snowflake, was so happy to be found and was starved but housebroken and well behaved. He had a good life after that in Roswell and Albuquerque. We bought a house in ABQ from an old cowboy friend of my dad. The day we were going to sign the papers, Hiram came over before church in his dress pants and boots. Snowflake walked up to Hiram and lifted his leg and peed on his good boot and pant leg. I was so embarrassed, Hiram didn't bat an eye. :-)

My Gaia Travel Buddy said...

if you want to buy pink vintage luggage, then My Gaia Travel Buddy is one of the best choices you have.

Mac pro said...

Nice article admin thanks for share your article keep share your knowledge i am waiting for your new post check mens puffer jacket tracksuit bottoms kindly review and reply me