Wednesday, March 25, 2020

At Home Alone

It seems that I am already behind on my blogging. It is certainly not because I don't have time. With this social distancing, I have lots of time here at home. I have done some art, but not nearly as much as I should.  Yesterday I spent hours working on my Wix site.  It took me hours, because I am not a computer expert. I managed to download/upload (?) photos from my phone to my computer. But I can't find them on my laptop, except that they are still in the "task" icon. Good Grief! I then managed to put more products on my Wix site. I doubt you could actually buy things from my site, but you can view things and contact me. It's the best I can do at the moment, but I have not given up.

This whole coronavirus pandemic is not making me happy. I don't mind staying home, but I don't like the confusion on what is going on, and the media coverage is crazy.  People on FB constantly give out advice. I'm tired of it.  Some people have a sense of humor and post some pretty funny things, but others are doom and gloom. And then there is the whole political bashing that is going on - the finger pointing and blame game. I'm pretty tired of that too. I have been to Walmart a couple times in the wee early hours. It is not so bad, but still fairly busy and still difficult to buy necessities.  They were supposed to have set aside a time for people over 60 to shop from 6 -7 AM. But no one checks your age when you enter. Once inside I saw lots of people under 60. Not that I minded, but the point is that people over 60 are more at risk - so there should not be as many people there or younger people who are more likely to have been out and about. It seems people make rules, but are not prepared to follow through with them. Getting my head wrapped around all of this is difficult.

Being home more helped in some ways. I did finally get all the my art put up, well, most of it. There are a few things in the guest bedrooms on the beds and not the walls. At least all the paintings are not stacked in the den. You can actually sit on the couch now. I have paintings on the walls - everywhere! I have some pretty tall ceilings/walls so I went high with my paintings. They may not be on eye-level to see well, but they are hanging and that is better than stacked or leaning where they can get bumped over.

That that brings to mind a great memory: In high school I dated a guy who had this modern style house with lots of high ceilings and odd angle roof lines.  The den area was large and on the tall wall was lots of paintings of people - family members mostly. They were great paintings, fun paintings, and I was impressed.  Apparently they were don by his father. Someday, I remember thinking, I want paintings on the wall just like that!  And now I have them, although they are not mostly family members. But I am an artist and I do have paintings!

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This situation is so crazy. I’ve said we stay home a lot but when you are supposed to, it gets to be a chore. Go figure! I haven’t done much art at all, I think my mind is wandering too far away.
Happy you have worked on your website. Not easy, even on easy ones.
And you are a wonderful artist ….and friend. Hugs.

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
Once again we are sisters - maybe a little rebellious. Someone tells us we need to stay home and we suddenly need to go out :)

I'm hoping to get more done on the website, but it is not my favorite thing to do. Maybe I'll clean the house - anything besides computer work!

Anonymous said...

Here the special hours are for 60+, pregnant women, handicapped/special needs, immune-compromised. I wonder how someone can prove they are pregnant if it is not obvious...But there should be a sign or something to keep the crowds out! Also, it is not every day but I think two or three days a week. My husband is 59 1/2.

Plus, it is better for immune-compromised to stay home, anyway...Worried about my son.

FF

Bag Blog said...

FF,
It is scary for the elderly, which I don't think of myself as :) But for the immune-compromised, I can see why it would be really scary. It is a crazy time.