Saturday, March 28, 2020

Every Little Bit Helps

Toby and I worked on the man cave/pottery room out in the barn today. It was a pretty nice day temperature wise, but the wind was blowing. Here is a photo that I posted on Facebook and Instagram.
We only got one wall done today before our feet gave out. Toby has been having problems with his heel and Achilles tendon. I now have plantar fasciitis. Both of us are doing better with our feet problems, but standing on a ladder did us in. Concrete floors don't help either. Still, it was nice to get a bit done.

We also got up early, well, late for us, but early for a Saturday and went to Walmart. We have not bought toilet paper, because I don't need it yet, but I did buy a couple of rolls of paper towels. I'm trying not to be a hoarder. I think that if everyone does his part not to over-react then we will all get back to normal sooner. The greed and fear that comes over people is amazing. And I get it. When things have been difficult to get, and suddenly they are on the shelf, I get an overwhelming urge to buy those things. But I have not. Only if I need things to I buy them. Doing my part :)

Today I saw on Facebook that Natasha Isenhour is going to have online courses in pastels.  I messaged her about it. She said that the class was going to be $25 an hour with a two hour minimum. She will send out a photo reference and then through Zoom, she will teach. I'm game!

5 comments:

Etienne said...

I looked at her web page, and her artwork has a lot of sharpness to it. Like maybe she uses pencils for the detail. Lots of bright colors too.

Jo Castillo said...

Hard to be enthusiastic about work right now. I did work on getting my newsletter up on my new website.

Once you get the floor cleared you might get some rubber mats like you put in the back of pickups for the cement floor to help the back and feet. I had that in the other house. Here I use foam mats like for kids play rooms so I can pick them up when I’m not using them. I really liked the heavy rubber as I had a “permanent” place to paint in that house.

The photo of Toby would be a good painting.

I like Natasha’s work a lot. Not sure if I can see her class, I will check it out.

Bag Blog said...

Etienne,
She does make very crisp lines. Her bright colors against darker colors makes the paintings dramatic.

Jo,
I like the rubber mat idea. Toby has a few here and there in the barn for his work. Most of the man cave/pottery area will be more for sitting - maybe a place to wedge clay and clean-up.

Jo Castillo said...

Ahhh, right. I forgot you sit at the wheel to do pottery. I think my feet/legs get more tired when I don't drink enough water. Been trying to do better.
We need to get up there so we can paint and potter together.

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
I've been trying to drink more water, too. I fill up my big cup several times a day. It's the best I can do. I am ready to paint with you.