Tuesday, May 19, 2020

More to Do

Yesterday I went to see Lindz' babies. Their grandmother, my friend, was babysitting so I got to visit with her and play with babies. They are getting so big. With only ten months between them (one is adopted) they are close. While we were feeding them lunch, they looked around the table to see each other and waved to each other.  So cute! They get along well. Jesse spent time with them last weekend and I stole this picture off their Google album page.
The baby girl is not walking yet, but she is climbing. They are a hoot!

This morning I did some pottery stuff. I was needing some wheel-time. There is just something relaxing about playing in the mud.  Maybe it takes such total concentration that I can get some serious right brain activity. Toby and I have quite a few mugs to glaze and fire. We are also building a new chicken coop.  The old one is falling apart. Toby rolls it around the yard so that the chickens can peck and scratch the grass. But it has been pulled and jostled one too many times. Last night we painted the shell of the new coop. Then we will put chicken wire all over it and a tin roof. Then we will put the chickens in their new condo.

We still have not finished the pottery room/man cave. I also set Toby on a new project: I want a cabinet-type thing for a coffee bar. He plans on making it out of angle iron and wood. I went and picked up the iron last week. Maybe it will be done by Christmas  - ha!

I told somebody last week that we were sort of sad that Toby had not been laid off, because we have so much for him to do around here. Rather than thinking that was funny, which it was meant to be, the person got all huffy and told me that a lot of people would like to still be working. Get over yourself and get a sense of humor. Most of what I say is meant to be funny. If am being very serious, you should probably watch for a right hook.

My little art student is coming soon. I will get ready for her and enjoy our paint time.

No comments: