Tuesday, July 21, 2020

More Watercolor Month Paintings

It is July 21. Only ten more days of watercolors. It is getting more difficult to find the time to do these.  Yesterday, I rode my bike about five miles in the early morning hours. I thought I would get lots done afterwards. But no, after the bike ride, which I need the exercise, I was done. Stick a fork in me.  It is a good excuse not to ride this morning :)

Last Friday, I taught watercolor to 16 kids at the CTAC Arts Explosion. It went well.  I painted along with them and went around helping them. My feet were killing me when all was said and done. But their paintings turned out fairly well. I did an old lesson from an art book. It is fun and colorful - maybe a bit difficult for beginners. My reasoning for picking the lighthouse painting is that several watercolor techniques can be taught - washes, glazing, reverse painting, etc.  While getting ready for the Arts Explosion, I painted the lighthouse as a refresher for myself and teaching it to others. I also had to draw it out 18 times as well as fill 18 pallets with paint. It became my July 18th painting. Here is a photo: 
Here are my other paintings up to today. It would be good if I posted one a day, sigh. 
I may get to go to the mountains this week, if I put off all I need to do. Well, I guess I could get busy and get things done. Procrastination! In the meantime, here are some of my World Watercolor Month paintings: July 15
July 16 was the lighthouse above.
 July 17
July 18
July 19
July 20

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Wow, you did great on the class painting. When I’m painting and teaching the students work comes out better than mine. Beautiful lighthouse.

The daily paintings are fun and make me smile. Love the fisherman boy. :-) Good for you in keeping up.

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
Sorry I am so late with this reply. I haven't been on my computer for over a week and have not looked at my blog. Not a very good excuse - huh? Thanks for the kind words on my art. The lighthouse if from a book, but I thought it would be good for the kids with all that color and light.