Friday, December 04, 2020

Positive People

 Thanksgiving was a bit of a bust for us. I started feeling bad on Wed. We called the kids and canceled our day with them on Thursday. I was pretty sick with a low grade fever and achy. Toby cooked and we ate, but I spent most of the day in bed or in the recliner. Friday I was a bit better, but still worn out and achy. My Uncle Bob was in Wichita Falls and I was hoping to go see him on Saturday night along with his daughter from Hawaii. Instead, I called and said I was sick and didn't want to share whatever I had. My uncle didn't seem to worried about Covid. His daughter was flying in from Hawaii to spend time with them. It was their choice. My choice was not to be the one who made them sick - even though I had not been tested. We made the right choice. Saturday night, Toby started not feeling well. He was sick with the same symptoms that I had had. By Tuesday, he was feeling better. I was much better. So, I took him to town to be tested for Covid. He tested positive. The medical place gave him a list of vitamins to take - yeehaw. 

Now we both get to quarantine for ten days from the day we started being sick. I am a bit ahead of him. Some lady from the health department called to ask him all sorts of questions. She asked him if he had certain symptoms and then listed them off. One of them was dry, red eyes. He said, "Yes, I have that." I think she could have asked if the tip of his nose was blue and he would have said "Yes, I have that." Soon after her call, he said he couldn't smell or taste. 

Personally, I don't want the health department knowing my business. That may be weird, but that's kind of how I feel. Toby told them I had it, too, and they put me down as positive. I reacted with "Oh no you didn't!" I plan on staying home and being a good little girl, but whom I tell, is up to me. (Like I just blogged it to the world)  And I did tell people - especially those whom I had been around. Its hard to say where I got it. It could have been several different places. The thing is, if someone were out and about and didn't know they had it, they could easily pass it to others. It is just going to happen. Run its course. It is not fun, but then, what flu is? 

7 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, sorry to hear that. When I was answering your comments on my blog, Gene and I were laughing at the Paul Harvey comment and Gene said, “We should go see Lou and Toby after the first of the year. I just told him about your post and positive tests and he said, “Well, forget about going to see them!”

Anyway, I’m glad you are feeling good. A friend said they gave her vitamins and zinc.

We are doing well and hope to see you, really, in 2021. :-)

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
I think I am officially healed up. Toby made me do fence work today. It was a good day for it, and we were able to do it without having to stop and take a nap. It would be fun to get together.

Jo Castillo said...

So happy you are well. Work is good!
See you soon.

Gene said...

Lou This bees Gene.

I just read where you said, and I quote "my excuse is ...." when anyone says that and I am within listening range I always tell people do not say "My excuse is..." say, "the reason is ...." never say my excuse is...."

Any way that is the "that is the way I heard it". Which was stolen from Paul Harvey by Mike Rowe, don't know if you you listen to Mike Rowe.s PodCast which I recommend.

Gene

Bag Blog said...

Gene,
I a reasonable person. I can handle that.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better.

FF

Dan R Morris said...

Sorry to hear about your Covid. That sucks.

I never comment but saw the Paul Harvey words. He was my inspiration. We actually started a podcast in his honor, of sorts. I think you'd like it. In fact in the episode about Paul Harvey we talk about his exploits in Hawaii and Oklahoma. :)

https://tracingthepath.libsyn.com/the-paul-harvey-story