Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Nothing Going on Here

 We got another little rain Monday. The grass is growing, which means we need to mow, but the longhorns love it! Of course, they don't eat in the yard - too bad. We still need more rain to fill up the pond. Supposedly, we may get some in the next few days. Today was humid. Windows were foggy here at the house and in town. Does that mean rain is coming?

I have the opportunity to do a couple of little local craft shows coming up in Sept. and Dec. I would put my pottery in the shows and maybe some little watercolors or cards made from my watercolors. It kind of stresses me to have to get ready for these little fairs, but it is good for me - purpose! I took 22 mugs to Viridian yesterday (they actually came out of the kiln on Monday.






I already have 20 mugs thrown and drying, two sets of wine tumblers and a couple of plates. I sometimes throw these little bud vases, which are only about 3 inches tall.

I have given them away as gifts, but I thought I would throw some for the craft fairs. Of course, I am a long way from having them ready. They have to be bisque fired and then glazed and fired again. It is a long process. Toby usually throws some, but he has been busy with work. When he gets home, he doesn't want to have to do much. I understand that. I am much slower and need rest stops often.

I painted a commission of sorts. My cousin, Joe, asked me to paint a picture from a photo of his wife (who passed several years ago) and her granddaughter on a fishing trip. The painting is to be a present for the granddaughter who is getting married in Sept. I was not sure of doing it, but it turned out to be a great photo.


Today, I framed it up and boxed it up and sent it. I forgot to put a note inside the box. I forgot to take a photo of the painting. But Hey! I got it in the mail!

I had a CTAC meeting today. It went fairly well. Then I ran errands in town. Dull life. 

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Awww, I love the mugs. I could look at them all day. I’ve been using a double glass mug as it keeps my coffee warm longer, but not nearly as nice to hold in my hand and enjoy the view!

Being busy, you probably get more done. At least that is what they say. Without a schedule I put things off until I don’t do them. Sigh…

Good luck on the shows, hope you have boocoos of sales. (Spell check but booboos) Another sigh.

bag blog said...

Thanks, Jo! I do need to be busy or I am just lazy. I went to lunch today with the director of CTAC. We ate at Asian food. My fortune cookie said, "Check an item off your to-do list and prove you can follow through." How did they know?!

Jo Castillo said...

Lou, we are so much alike in some ways and at times, it is scary. Ha, on the fortune cookie.

Anonymous said...

Love the bison mug! FF