Friday, October 07, 2022

Mystery Art Festival

 Yesterday afternoon I made my way to WF to run errands and go to the Mystery Arts Fest. If you follow me on Facebook, I posted that the WF Art Council posted a little thing about the MAF and who won, but they didn't say who painted what - that's the mystery. Anyway, I saw that Jesse had won for best animal painting, and I had an honorable mention for one of my beach scenes. The old Kemp Library in WF is a huge old mansion and now is the art place in WF. It is a great place. Since the weather was good, part of the festival was held outside with food vendors and booths and of course, drinks. I met Jesse and my SIL there and we stood around eating and drinking before we went in to see the art. It was a fun show. Lots of art, lots of good art, and lots of not-so-good stuff. But still fun. Well, maybe being with Jesse and my SIL made it more fun. One of the surprises was that someone had taken a picture of my beach scene and written a poem to go with it. Cool. If you want to see the art, follow the link above. You can see the art and bid on items for the rest of the month. The money is for the Art Council.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

The show is really cool. We are off to town, will check it out more later. Fun to see it all together in real life.

Thanks for sharing. Hugs.

bag blog said...

Jo, Have fun in town.