Friday, December 30, 2022

Lazy Day in the Winter

 Today I had lots of time - maybe too much time. It seems that I did not do the things I should have done, but instead was doing things I like to do. I got on my laptop to do a few errands and ended up reading through blogs that I like. I caught up with Jo Castillo and then moved on to John P. Weiss. Both are so encouraging. Jo for her consistent sketching and happy outlook on life, and John for his uplifting writing and photography and cartoons. Jo helps me to want to keep up my blog. She also encourages me with my art - I send her things to critique - always helpful. John Weiss, well, he just has an amazing way of looking at things and writing to encourage artists and writers and other creative folk. Most of the old bloggers that I followed are gone now. Everyone moved to Facebook, which to me is not a place to journal. I only have a few people who read my blog, but that is okay. This blog is still a nice way to be creative. Like my art, this blog will never make me famous. 

Last Christmas my daughter gave me Storyworth. Every week I have received prompts to encourage me to write. At the end of the year (now) they take all that you have written and put it in a book and send it to you. At the time she gave it to me, I thought, "but I already blog." Oh well, I wrote a few things, but not nearly what I was supposed to do. Sigh. I may try again. Or not.

My kilns are not doing well. I cannot finish my pottery. It is tiresome, but I am looking for a new kiln. In the meantime, I started a new pastel. Today, though, I was just lazy.

GBN2 turns 16 today. She is a beautiful young lady, a bit bossy like me. She is short like me, too. Sorry about that :)

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh my, You wrote about me so nicely and I didn't see this post. I really appreciate it and how you also encourage me. I absolutely love the trees in the snow Christmas card. It's on display in the living room.

Sorry about the kiln. They are so expensive. Chuck reminded Gene the other day about how much they like the wine cups.

Hope you have all straightened out by now.

Thanks again for thinking of me. Good luck on the writing, too. My blog is pretty much a journal and record of my sketches and paintings.