Tuesday, June 13, 2023

The Big Mess

 I saw a little thing on Facebook that said something like: I decided to clean and organize the closet/room, and now I am sitting looking at the mess. Well, it seems I have done the same thing (how does FB know?)

 One of the things Jesse left behind was a large cabinet with pull-out shelves for prints and paintings and paper, etc. that Toby made for her several years ago. My plan was to put it in my art closet. After measuring, I thought it would fit nicely under some wall shelves that Toby had made and hung on the wall for me years ago. I mention "years ago" because now those shelves are full, and so is the bottom of the closet. I have ten-jillion canvases, frames and crap stored in that closet, not to mention all my art supplies. If there was a contest for those who had the most art supplies, I would be the winner.  

I took everything out of the closet to put the cabinet in under the shelves. Unfortunately, my measuring was wrong and the cabinet did not quite fit under the wall shelves. We are talking a quarter of an inch off. So close! So, I took everything out of the shelves in order to have Toby raise the shelves an inch or more. At the moment, the whole room is full of art stuff. It is like walking through a hoarder's house. Geeze Louise! What a mess! Today Alayna is supposed to come for art. There is no room for her. Now I must get busy and put things away - after we get the shelves moved higher. I think I am going to get rid of lots of old canvas that has already been painted on. Maybe Alayna will take some. Isn't that what old people do - try to give things to young people?

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, my. You know we are so related!!!
My studio is such a mess and two of the great grands are coming and there is no place to play "artist" with them without them getting into something they shouldn't. And there it sits, the mess.

Hugs.

bag blog said...

Jo,
We have talked since you wrote this comment. When my grands come over, which is quite often, I don't bother cleaning beforehand. They track in all sorts of dirt and leaves and generally make messes. Not that my house is ever very clean :)