Friday, May 13, 2005

Rainy Days

We got some much needed rain last night, and it could continue all day. Last week while folks not 20 miles away got four inches of rain, we did not get any. Although we needed it here, we were able to get the fence built and the cattle rounded up on dry ground. Slopping around in the mud is not my idea of fun. Last night's rain was a good one, and I am thankful.

Jesse and I started packing yesterday since we cannot do much at the new house right now. Until the plumbing, wiring, and insulation are done, there is just not much for us to do. The concrete guy was suppose to come yesterday, but did not. It looks like Saturday may be the day everyone shows up. That works for me. We will just have a big house building party.

We packed books and nic-nacs. Jesse probably would have thrown out about half my nic-nacs, but I would say, "Oh, someone gave me that when you were born..." She would role her eyes. I would have gotten rid of more books, but Jesse would say, "You aren't throwing that out?!" The good news is that we did agree to get rid of lots of things. We work well together. Now if I can just get rid of furniture. Clothes could be another problem. Art stuff, well, I don't even want to think about it. I am sure it will all work out.

No comments: