Monday, May 23, 2005

Turning Up the Heat

We got lots done on the house this weekend thanks to Bob, the Builder. After Jesse and I painted on Thursday, Toby took Friday off to put the metal roof on the house. We also did some sheetrocking on the inside walls. With temperatures in the triple digits, it was hot! I don't think I have ever been so hot. My clothes were dripping with sweat. Every once in a while I would have to stop and wipe the sweat out of my eyes so that I could see. Two thoughts kept me going. First, I thought of our soldiers in Iraq and how hot they must be in their armor and uniforms. This was very humbling to me. What did I have to complain about when they are doing so much? Secondly, I thought surely I will lose weight with all of this sweat pouring off my body.

Bob, the Builder, was another encouragement. He showed up with one of his sons, showed us how to make easy work of the roof, and didn't even seem to break a sweat. He is amazing. He said if he could encourage us to love and good deeds then he was happy. Bob is a good man and brother in Christ. We were thankful.

Once again, I loved spending time with my husband, son, and daughter. My children are a blessing. Although we did not get to spend much time with my granddaughter, she did show up to entertain us for a few minutes. She is just pretty special and so is her mother. I have much to be thankful for these days even in the midst of my busy-ness.

No comments: