Thursday, September 08, 2005

I got an email from my soldier this morning, and I wrote him back. I feel like I have already bloogged today with all this writing. Now, I am sitting here looking at this screen wondering what I should write.

Yesterday, Jesse and I painted. With the upcoming art show, we both need to get busy. We have cable now - after the last four years of just three stations that were difficult to see. TV can be a distraction for me, but since we only have the basic package (not the movies and such), it has not been too much of a problem (although I really love the history channel). When we first moved back from NM, we had a big satellite dish, and got all sorts of channels. Jesse and I loved all of the old movies. Often we would dance around the house singing like Fred Astair. I also love mysteries. I could watch Magnum, Matlock, and Murder She Wrote all day long. Jesse is pretty good at quoting lines from movies to entertain us. She thinks Gary Cooper and Gregory Peck hung the moon. It is amazing how TV affects our lives.

This week Dish has a special. They are showing HBO stuff free. Hmm, this could be a problem. Last night I was watching "Wyatt Earp", but we had to go to church. Distractions! I think it would be better for me just to rent movies now and then. If I had them at all hours of the day, I could be a couch potato for sure. I try to think that I get my ironing done quicker while watching TV... but not much else. I guess I will just enjoy this free movie week. Next week, I will get a good book.

No comments: