Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Just Sayin



The articles written by "Plane Jane" have appeared in our local Duncan Banner. They turned out amazingly well written. The photo of my students was very nice. The photo of myself was (as I suspected) not so nice. As dull as Jane seemed, she turned out to be a good listener and writer. There were a few things in the articles that I thought, "Where the heck did that come from?" But for the most part, I was pleased. I worked at the art show yesterday and got some nice compliments, although people admitted it was not my best photo. With my squinty eye, I look like I am about to draw down on someone (pun intended).

The picture is of Jason, one of my newer students. He is not very confident in his art yet, but winning two ribbons is a help. Both paintings in the photo are his watercolors.

Yesterday, Good Morning America had an interview with Robbin Williams about his new movie. Diane Sawyer asked RW, "If you could be any woman in the world for one day, who would you be?" In all seriousness, he answered, "Ann Richards." How very interesting – not whom I would have chosen – but interesting.

Speaking of movies, we went to see "Flyboys" at the cheap theater. I liked it. There was not one thing in the movie that was "bad". The flying scenes could be considered a little tense and maybe a little violent, but by today’s standards, it was a very mild movie. It is a good family movie. I would like to see "The Departed" just because sometimes I want to see a "grown-up" movie with an exciting, twisted plot, and I am a Jack Nicholson fan. I rented "Crash" and watched it yesterday wanting to know what all of the hoopla was over in this movie. It was definitely a "grown up" movie. The language was pretty rough and the plot was for adults, but I really liked the movie. It was thought provoking.

Jesse played two softball games last night in the drizzle and cold. I enjoyed watching, but the weather was more like football weather. Baseball should be played in the warm seasons. It seems strange to me to see professional ball players blowing in their hands to warm themselves and breathing little clouds of fog due to the cold. That ain’t right. I am looking forward to the World Series – one of my favorite playoffs, but it should not be with football season. Just sayin.

No comments: