Wednesday, April 04, 2007

News Flash

This morning when Felina, the cat, came in, she told me that she was going to have her kittens soon. I asked her what she wanted me to do about it. She seemed to need help. She wanted me to get her a box and put it in the closet and keep that darn dog away. So, I found an old boot box, put an old towel in it, and put it on Toby's side of the closet. Felina was pleased with her box. I went to Jesse's room and computer as to not bother the cat. But she came in and let me know she wanted me near by. I sat with her for a while reading my book and talking to her from time to time. She was restless and obviously in pain, but was comforted by my presence. After a while, I decided this could take a long time - I don't know nuthin' about birthin' no kittens. Using groceries as and excuse, I left the house taking the dog with me thinking this was the best I could do for her. I guess it turned out fine, because she had six lovely kittens, all well and nursing when I came home. They are yellow-white, and pale gray. Two are tail-less. Felina is quite proud and purring contentedly. I would post a picture, but someone has run off with the camera. Tomorrow I will have pictures.

No comments: