Thursday, February 14, 2008

Romantic Scenes

It’s Valentine’s Day! I always think that I am going to do something really romantic, but then the day sneaks up on me, and I find that I have done nothing. While at Wal-Mart, I did look around at all the VD stuff. Nothing jumped out at me, and I certainly don’t need a box of candy around here. Instead of fancy candy, I bought fancy cookies from the bakery. Toby loves cookies – so it is something special for him. When I came online this morning, MSN had an article on "Sexiest Screen Kisses" and other articles like "What a Boy Wants: Romance for Men". It reminded me of the old joke that went around the internet on how to please a man vs. how to please a woman. After giving a long complicated list on how to please a woman, to please a man, it was just "show up naked and bring pizza". So I took a look at the "Romance for Men" article, and yes it was about the same as the punch-line of the joke.

I also looked at the "Sexiest Screen Kisses," but was not impressed with the list because I have not seen most of those movies. MSN’s list was very politically correct making me gag at some of their choices for sexiest kiss. I would like to see the old movies on the list – Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman or Lauren Bacall and Humphry Bogart. I have seen "Some Like It Hot" with Marilyn Monre and Tony Curtis. Still, none of these movies were my choice. The beach scene in "From Here to Eternity" stands out in my mind. As for my favorite romantic movies, well, anything with Cary Grant or Gary Cooper. One of my more modern day favorites is "Always" with Holly Hunter and Richard Dreyfuss. I know that I have other favorite romantic movies and kiss scenes, but it is early. I might have to consider this for a while. What are your favorites – stir my memory.
Not bad for old-timers!

12 comments:

Alison said...

Gone with the Wind had a great scene...
The Blue Lagoon (1980)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (Hepburn and Peppard)
From Here to Eternity (Lancaster and Kerr)Wow.. on the beach!

Buck said...

I did look around at all the VD stuff. Nothing jumped out at me...

That's a GREAT good thing, Lou. I've read some of that stuff is resistant to any and all antibiotics these days. Mutant strains, and all that. ;-)

I can't answer your question, since I'm not a movie guy. But I like your beach pic! Good stuff!

Bag Blog said...

Gosh, Buck, I didn't think about the VD stuff. Good thing I am resistant.

Bag Blog said...

Buck, hope that little slip did not cause you to spit coffee this morning.

Fire Fox, Gone with the Wind did have a great kiss.

Becky G said...

Hmmm, I'd have to think about that one. I generally don't like watching movie kisses. I've only seen two of the movies on the list: It's A Wonderful Life and Spiderman. Neither of those kisses did anything but make me turn away from the screen.

On the other hand, Hitch had a pretty hot kiss in it, and I'm not talking about the one between Will Smith and Kevin James.

Buck said...

Buck, hope that little slip did not cause you to spit coffee this morning.

Nah. The keyboard's intact. Jes a sly lil grin, followed by a dumb-a@@ comment dropped on yer blog... which hopefully made YOU smile! ;-)

Towanda said...

My vote goes to the love scene to the tune of "Unchained Melody" in the movie "Ghost" between Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore. Those were some hot kisses!!!!

Bag Blog said...

Towanda, The scene in "Ghost" did something for wheel-throwing that nothing else could have done. Good choice.

Jo Castillo said...

I go with George Peppard and Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's in the rain...... I'm sure there were some with Paul Newman and Liz Taylor in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, but can't picture it at the moment.

Your pic is cute. :)

Anonymous said...

I was awakened with a small two diamond necklace this morning and when I got to my office I was surprised with a dozen yellow roses (the first flower Brian ever gave me) and then a red heart box of candy arrived...I guess Brian wrote our own romantic scene this year. I love your posted picture..it reminds me of the advise your daddy told Brian soon after we were married..."Bear...this is forever". I guess it's not so much about the "romance" as it is the commitment of the heart. Erin received a Gerber Daisy and a bottle of vicks additive (LOL) for the vaporizer (sp) We all laughed..but, she is sick and still has to compete this weekend..her sweetheart is a athlete too and knows the show must go on...So here's to "Romantic Thoughts"...Flowers and Vicks!!!! Romance comes is all different ways!!!

Bag Blog said...

Anny, isn’t Mentholatum and aphrodisiac?

Anonymous said...

Funny you should mention that...we had that very conversation at clinic durning lunch...Ahhh....