Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Gambler/Fighter

Oh my gosh! I've been arguing on FaceBook. It's bad enough that I wade into fights on the blogosphere, but now I have taken it to Facebook.

Last week I told you how GBN2 had to have some discipline before church, but when she came back in, she was not "over it" yet. I could see it in her. She still wanted to fight. I know the feeling well. I also know that it is probably not so good to "fight it out to the end." But sometimes I think it would really feel good. Dying to my flesh is so difficult. I saw the struggle on GBN2, and I am struggling as we speak. The fight on FaceBook is nothing - it is just a carry over from the real problem. On FaceBook I stated my opinion and I plan on sticking with it. The other fight I'm in is not so easily dealt with. Kenny Rogers' song "The Gambler" comes to mind - you got to know when to hold them...know when to fold them...know when to walk away...know when to run...

4 comments:

Buck said...

you got to know when to hold them...know when to fold them...

Not many among us have mastered that particular art. Good luck, and all that... but I admire folks who stand their ground. We ALL do.

Mrs. Bear said...

As has been stated by some of my opinions on this blog site...we all have our thoughts that we hold dear...the trouble is that we don't all hold the same thoughts. This brings me to something that happened with Blaine this last week...a somewhat compromised (ok I will say it... he is not bright...dumb..I mean low IQ) co worker of Blaine's said something to him that made him so mad he had to leave work....in him telling me about it Blaine said "Mom, I'm worried about me...there are some people that I really hate...I mean I really can't stand them." You know what...I tried to explain to him that at one time or another that we all have that happen to us...of which he responded..."But God doesn't want us to hate". I love my son!!! I don't know how to change what we sometimes feel...you can say you never get mad like that but, to that I say liar!!!

Bag Blog said...

Anny, It is kind of funy, but I rarely fight against people I don't like. I tend to stay away from those folks - If I'm not messin' with someone, chances are I dislike them lots. But people I like who sometimes make me crazy - well - to fight or not to fight is the question. If you dislike someone, who cares if you piss them off. It is when you like/love someone that you weigh the consequences. Coworkers would come under that catagory.

Buck, Chances are that I will stand my ground.
uc
B

Unknown said...

as reading your post, I was humming Tom Petty's "Won't Back Down" song....
~AM