Monday, February 22, 2010

Five Years!

Today is my fifth blog anniversary. Who'd a thunk that I'd still be blogging after five years. It was all the hoopla of the Presidential election five years ago - I kept hearing about the swift boat veterans' blogs and was intrigued. After the election, my son told me how to get my own personal blog; I was hooked. Then I found the milblogs and was reeled in. I didn't do photos for a long time - didn't know how. I can do videos now - impressive, huh! It has kept me in the know (well, more than some people know) on computers. I still love it. Sometimes I think I should get a life off the computer. Maybe I should spend more time painting. Hmm, moderation in all things - that is my goal. I still love to communicate with people via the net. I have made some good friends and learned lots - special shout out to Buck, who has taught me lots and hung in there through most of my blog years.

It is kind of ironic that five years ago, we bought this property and started building on it about the 1st of March. Now we are building again. I got some of my best stories from building on the house during that time, and hope to get some stories this time around. Of course, Jesse is working now and is not my partner in crime on the house. I do miss that. I have to keep blogging long enough to get Jesse married - enquiring minds want to know - ya know!

Speaking of Jesse, here is a Jesse story for you. With all of the people coming over to the house to help build this past weekend, Jesse was doing some cleaning. She picked up Toby's radio and said, "Where should I put Dad's short hand radio?" I replied, "That is 'short wave' radio. Short hand is what secretaries take..."

We did some more working on the house Sunday afternoon. Several friends showed up again to help. This time Jes and I did not have to do much since they were putting up the roof decking - only so many people could help, and there were plenty of young boys. Besides, it was dang cold out there. The Junk Diva came over and made white chili, and we had a big time fixin' dinner and chattin'. Eventually everyone came in from the cold and ate and visited - it was quite the party. After everyone left Jes, Toby, and I sat down to relax and watch the Olympics. Jesse felt a cold coming on and asked her dad to make her a hot-toddy. It sounded so good that Toby and I joined her with our own toddies. Toby and I were trading the laptop back and forth catching up on blogs, reading the news, and trying to find the score of the hockey game. Several times Jesse and I had questions like: is Bode Miller married? Why do they never say anything about his wife? Hmm, that Axel Svindal is cute; is he married. Then one of us would say, "Google him!" Toby would oblige. We got a big laugh out of our "drinkin' and googlin'.

9 comments:

Buck said...

Congrats on the five-year blogoversary and thanks for the shout-out. You know you're my FAVORITE blogger, bar none, and my first read of the day... every day.

Heh. Drinkin' and googlin'... I have a couple of those tee shirts. ;-)

Becky G said...

Happy bloggiversary! I love hearing your stories.

Bag Blog said...

Becky, Thanks. You should see my knitting.

Buck, back at you.

The Friendly Neighborhood Piper said...

Wherever would i be had you never written that first blog? Happy B-day to my Blogmom! Someday we should drink and blog together.

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

Congrats on the five year, Lou! I don't comment as often as I should, but I always stop by and read.

Word verification: Lumber. Kind of apropos with you house building going on, huh?

Bag Blog said...

Ooh Piper, drinkin' and blogin' - ya think?

BR, Thanks, I do the same with you. I love your horse stories - they bring back great memories. "Lumber" was a perfect word verification.

Becky G said...

I can't wait!

Staci said...

Congrats!

MezzoCO said...

Happy blogaversary :) that is cool. looks like ya'll got your hands full with building! how exciting, though!!!