Friday, February 19, 2010

Walls


This is what we did yesterday while the sun was shining. The wind was pretty cold, but we got lots done. I took this photo early this morning. Toby came home from work soon after, and we finished the walls and put up some siding. He and Jesse were judges at the Duncan Science Fair this evening. Yeha! That meant we quit building a bit earlier than usual - my body is sore. Tomorrow we have a crew of friends coming to help put up the trusses. We may get this dried in, yet. Bring your hammer and come on!


We watched a little Olympics tonight. I love the downhill. You might want to know that I used to participate in some ski races in RR. I have a bronze medal and a second place trophy for my attempts at the "business women's" race. I always placed third in my age category, except for the year that Lanie was pregnant - then I won second place. It's the story of my life. I'm a pretty good athlete - better than most, but never great.


Both Jesse and Bo raced for the Red River Ski Team. Maybe soon I will dig out some photos. I was a great ski mom. Not all of the mom's skied and could follow the team. I went to all of the races, toting a bag full of extra hats, gloves, socks, sunscreen, etc. But the kids all knew me because I had a cow-bell to ring as they raced by. They loved it and so did I.

4 comments:

Dave (aka Buckskins Rule) said...

You coulda been a contender, Lou! If only the Olympic Committee had been more appreciative of your skills.

The kids always appreciate the parent(s) that trek around to every event and cheer them on. We've followed bands, swim teams, water polo, basketball, track, cross country, and of course horses. Even when we find the sport to terribly boring, we are always there.

Buck said...

Sounds like you have a full day on tap today. I hope the WX cooperates for ya.

More cowbell!

Bag Blog said...

BR,
You are so right. I need more repsect.

Buck,
More cowbell indeed!

Jo Castillo said...

I haven't been by in a while. I love all your stories, I repeat like a broken record, I think we are related! Your Dad sounds much like mine. He always went around breaking ice for the cows and would have a thermos of coffee and some of Mom's cookies to get them by. And the ever present cigarette hanging on his lip.

Your house is looking great! Congratulations.

Beautiful day today. Our baseball Horns played the NM Lobos this weekend. Gene's alma mater, so he wore his red Lobos stuff and we all gave him a bad time. He was the winner, though, they won two of the three games. Guess the Horns aren't number one anymore. :)