Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Lazy at the Lazy B

Toby now has the crud that I had last week. Though I’m sure his is much worse :) He stayed home from work yesterday, which was good for him to rest. When Toby is home, I don’t get much done. Not that I ever get much done, but still, there is something about having him here that puts me in a different mode. He went to work today, but if he gets tired, he may come home. I do have lots to do today since the Painted Ladies are coming to paint tomorrow. I need to do some serious house cleaning. Seriously, I am going to clean house. Well, I’m going to hit the surface stuff anyway.

Tomorrow is my birthday (send lots of comments – I like attention). One year ago, I joined the Simmons Center, which is the community gym. It is more like the Country Club, but that is another story. It took lots of thought before I joined, but it is a very nice facility and reasonably priced. For a year now, I have gone faithfully until last month. Although I did lose some weight and gained some muscle, I got very tired of planning my day around going to town and working out. No, I really hate it. I would much rather play some volleyball or tennis or some sport rather than just weight lifting and exercise. It has gotten to be a chore to go. In January Toby decided to join too. It's only $5.00 more per month for him to be a member with me. So I filled out the paper work to cancel the automatic draw on our account, and Toby and I filled out the papers to do the couples Halliburton corporate membership and draw on his account. Somewhere the paper work bogged down. My membership got canceled, but the couple’s membership did not get started. When I went last week, I my membership card did not work. Now here is the problem. I can’t seem to make myself go and take care of joining again. Two reasons: first, I hate exercise. Second, it just irritates me that they botched the joining process, and I hate dealing with the people in the office. Jesse thinks I should suck it up and join again. I’m thinking I should work on the house, ride my bike, play some tennis, etc. After all, the weather is getting better. The real question is will I do those things. I am the great procrastinator, and I don’t live at the Lazy B for nothin’.

For those of you who are interested, here is a new blog I’ve been reading called Traveler of Morocco. I found the site through Milblogs.com. The blogger is living in Morocco and telling stories of his travels. I think I need to travel.
Hmm, I seem to have the "I wants" and my birthday is tomorrow…

5 comments:

Andy said...

Lou, I know very few people that stick with a gym membership deal. I hate the gym myself, and just can't stand the thought of exercising inside when God put this whole big outside here for us to use.

Oh yeah...Happy Birthday, gal! Enjoy turning 39...

Bag Blog said...

Thanks Andy. I knew we were of similar age.

Buck said...

I seem to have the "I wants" and my birthday is tomorrow…

I hope ya gets what ya wants! But remember what my favorite philosopher (Mick Jagger) said...

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might find
You get what you need


Heh.

Dale said...

Awww, I love having access to a state of the art gym at no cost! Of course it did cost me 20 years in the Air Force! The only problem I have is I lack the motivation to go and use it! I hate exercise myself as I'm sure you could tell when we saw each other a year or two ago. Another sad thing is that I am less then 5 miles to the gym from where I live. Anyway, I hope Tody gets to feeling better and I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!

Bag Blog said...

Buck, I'm a needy person.

Dale, motivation is a problem here too. Last year I was motivated, but not right now.