Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Recapping 2011

Andy has been thievin' again. So it only seemed only right for me to steal from him. For a recap of the year, he went back and took the first line from the first post of each month. He then used them for his year-end review (year-end sounds a lot like rear end). I liked the idea. This is how my year went.

1-1-11: New Year's resolutions are always the same - more of this - less of that.
2-1: I have taken full advantage of the snow day and been very lazy here at the Lazy B.
3-1: I did absolutely nothing yesterday.
4-2: I can't begin to tell you how incredibly sad this makes me.
5-2: We worked hard on the house this weekend putting in more ducts and the gas lines - all under the house work.
6-2: As I said before, Toby took off work last Thursday and Friday to work on the house.
7-3: My internet has been down for a few days.
8-1: This is just one of the fun things we did yesterday.
9-2: Jesse has only been MSU for two weeks and she already made the Times and Record News.
10-3: It was a beautiful day for the Air Show at Sheppard Air Force Base, and I took lots of pictures of, well, air.
11-2: GBN2 is such a performer/comedian/singer, that people are always saying that I should write down her stories.
12-1: My house and land are being used for a model shoot.

It was interesting to me to go back and see each month. I had to scroll down through the posts to get to the first post of each month - so I was able to get a real review. Hey, I really did do some art work; I've just not done much the last six months. Working on the house seemed to be the main theme. If we were not working on the house, we were just lazy. But then, this is the Lazy B.

Once again, I'd like to do better on my blog and better on my art. As I have said over and over, "When this house is finished..." That is really not a good excuse. I just need to get my priorities straight. Unfortunately, there is that procrastination thang that I'm so good at. Priorities and procrastination - I'll work on those.

8 comments:

Buck said...

I'm waaay too good at procrastination as well. But I suppose it's good to be good at SUMTHIN'.

I like Andy's ideer but I'm too lazy to go back and look at the first post of every month.

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
I thought it was easier to copy and paste the first line of the posts rather than come up with a blog :)

Becky G said...

I did this a few years back. I think I'll do it again. Thanks for reminding me.

Andy said...

Lou, our buddy Buck has it ALL WRONG!

He seems to think it's a lot of work to copy and paste old stuff.

Actually, I found it extremely easy...and as you said, much easier than coming up with something new.

Took me about 10 minutes of mindless CTRL-C & CTRL-V.

It really is somewhat interesting to go back and look at what was going on throughout our calendar year. Even more interesting than the "first post of each month" is all the stuff in between.

I'm sure you saw a bunch of posts that you had forgotten about...and probably recollected the thought processes that caused you to post them in the first place.

I know I did.

Your conclusion of Working on the house seemed to be the main theme. If we were not working on the house, we were just lazy. is pretty telling.

I'm glad I took the time to look back. Even if it only took about 10 minutes.

Kinda makes me want to look back at 2010, 2009, 2008, too.

Probably won't...

HA! Word verification: oltyme

The Gooble is frightening.

Bag Blog said...

Andy,
I did enjoy looking back at forgotten posts. And you're right - although it was easy, I probably won't go back and look at other years.

Buck said...

Andy has it all wrong, too. Blogger has been bein' a bit of a snot for me of late, in that I can't see every month's posts. For some reason the "older posts" link at the bottom of the page has gone missing, and I only see half a month's posts. I haven't figgered out a work-around yet. So that's why I said "too much work."

Andy said...

Buck, the approach you used was WAY too much trouble, so I can understand.

I just went into the "edit posts" deal on the dashboard, and scrolled through the year...hit the first post of each month in the "view post" mode, and copied/pasted.

Took all of 10 minutes (roughly).

Moogie P said...

This was fun to read. I may have to think about stealing the stolen idea while I'm procrastinating.