Monday, April 02, 2012

Weekend Report - Thor Run

It was a beatiful weekend here at the Lazy B. Friday I kept GBN2 most of the day. Her mother dropped her off Friday morning where I tutor. She sat and colored in her coloring book while I tutored. Then we had lunch with Crewcraw. We made a trip to Wal-Mart and then home for an afternoon of "Lady and the Twamp" in "BlueWay" (Blu-ray). She did great all day - no problemas or trouble. When her parents came to get her around 7PM, she broke down, "I thought you said I was gonna stay all day with you!" I explained that it had been all day, but she replied, "It is still day." Thanks to daylight savings time, GBN2 was upset. So we went with her and her parents to eat supper - it was dark by the time we came out of the cafe. GBN2 was much better.

Saturday, Jesse ran in the Thor mud/obstacle run with a friend.
Here is the before pic.
And the after.
Somewhere on the way, they picked up the short girl in the middle. Wow, she made Jesse look tall. Toby and I did not go to WF for the run or there would have been more pics. Jesse said it was lots of fun, but not worth it for us to drive over for.
Here is one more pic - my favorite.

Sunday was also very nice here with temps in the low 90's. I mowed the grass again and got a nice little sunburn to start my tan. I should have been more careful, but geeze, it was only April 1. I like these easy going spring days.

5 comments:

Buck said...

Wow. So it WAS a mud run! And lots of it, too... from the looks o' thangs.

I'm well on my way to my usual, customary, and reasonable farmer's tan. I'll prolly be pretty red by the time I get home, as I'm thinkin' about doin' my return trip with the top down. For the (relative) quiet that would be in it.

Bag Blog said...

Buck,
Since there is no one to talk to, might as well enjoy the sun and breeze.

Jo Castillo said...

Those mud runs are amazing. Larry has taken the professional photos for some of those and he and his cameras end up as muddy as the runners. Some of them are such tough obstacle courses with electricity and ice watered holes. Yikes! Brave girls.... Fearless!

Careful with the tanning! Great weather though, eh? We've been sleeping with the house open!

Bag Blog said...

Jo, I don't think the mud run that the girls did was as tough as some of them - like the warrior mudruns. I think this one was more for fun.

baloviet.vn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.