Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Birthday Bo

I was up early this morning as I was 34 years ago when I gave birth to my son, Bo. Toby and I were just babies ourselves - still in college. Sometimes I feel like we grew up with Bo. We were the first of our friends to have a baby - no one else had children. Maybe it is why Bo was always such a little man - he spent all his play time with grown-ups.
This is Toby and "Uncle" Stevie at the hospital on the morning Bo was born. Toby- the proud papa! Steve had stayed up all night in the waiting room - waiting - he was a good uncle back then. About a week later, Stevie was at the house when Bo had a major blow-out of the messy diaper sort. Stuff went all over me and Bo and the pillow he was on. "Help me, Stevie!" I cried! He backed out the door refusing to help saying he did not do diapers. I told him that I would never forgive him if he left me with that mess. He told me he was okay with that, and out the door he went. His loss. 
This Bo at about six months - the same age as Titus now. This is Bo at about a 18 months with a mop of blond hair. And here's a photo taken last year on his birthday. 
This one is just a favorite.

7 comments:

Andy said...

Lovin' the late 70's hairstyles!

Lord, don't I remember those early days. My eldest was born Sept. 8, 1980...will soon be 33.

We were REALLY babies. Pam was 19, and I was 20. We were also the first of all our friends to have a child (well...a "legitimate" child).

Good memories, Lou.

Bo picked a good Mama & Daddy.

Happy Birthday to your Bo! And MANY MORE!!!!!!

Becky G said...

Happy Birthday, Bo!

I was 28 when Cody was born, and had gotten to the point where I didn't think I could have children. The Ex and I had even started discussing adopting, when boom, there he was.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Andy. Looking through the old photos to pick one out, was a blast from the past - lots of odd 80 type styles and hair.

Bag Blog said...

You must have relaxed on the baby issue and boom it happens.

Buck said...

A belated Happy Birthday to Bo. What Andy said about his parents, too.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks, Buck.

Stefan said...

My mothers doctor told her she got pregnant just looking at my dad. She was basically pregnant from 1947 to 1955. Course we were Catholic, so the more the merrier... I have second cousins who are 7 brothers and 7 sisters. Their mother is 95 years old, and still gets around fine. I think pregnancy must be good for the health, or maybe just making too much whoopie... :-) Happy Birthday to all !