Saturday, December 07, 2013

The Amazing Abigail

The temps are in the teens and there is snow on the ground. I have been curled up in the house since Thursday. I have done some little paintings - Christmas card type things. I made a big pot of stew yesterday along with some good-for-you banana nut bread. Both were delicious.

It is Saturday and we are about to watch the Bedlam game between OSU and OU. Toby is making beer today while we watch the game. I just checked my FB and discovered that Abigail Smith passed away. It makes my heart hurt. Although I did not know Abigail well, I have met her and her family - a well-known family of high standing in the community. I also knew that Abigail had been fighting cancer for the last year. She had chosen not to do chemo and such, because it would not cure the cancer. She chose to live the last year of her life making memories, traveling, and speaking to others about her belief and faith in Christ. Abby was in her mid-twenties - This is the amazing Abby.


Abigail was also an amazing photographer. Last summer she called Jesse and wanted to do a photo session with her. She did a make-over type photo session. Here is the before and after shot she took of Jesse.
She took many other photos, but this one is on Jesse's FB page. It was really cool that Abigail took time out of her last year to continue to do her photography and that she chose Jesse as one of her models.

I cannot explain how sad her passing makes me - so young - so amazingly faithful. I don't understand all the ways of God, but Abigail's life was an example to follow. I am thankful and blessed by her life, but saddened by the loss. She will be missed.

7 comments:

Stefan said...

The first photo seems like a passport photo, but oh my, the others are wonderful portraits. I can't get people to relax for portraits, as I am so goofy all the time, and thus get goofy photos. As my photo instructor said - stick to landscapes son! So sad to have such a short life. It's not fair.

Bag Blog said...

Being able to communicate what you want the poser to do is an art. My sister is very good at it. We let her direct all the family photos around here - makes her feel important.

Jo Castillo said...

Ah, such a sad thing. Amazing Abigail is right. Beautiful finished photo. Wishing you the best for the holidays. Stay warm.

Bag Blog said...

Thanks Jo. You too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

If I had to sell handbags for a living, I'd kill myself...

Unknown said...


I am very amazed by the information of this blog and i am glad i had a look over the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great information.
stucco restoration in Albuquerque New Mexico