Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Cinco de Mayo Hijo

Forever we will celebrate Cinco de Mayo, but not for the usual reasons. Last night at 10:15, my second grand-son was born. 5-5-15! Pretty cool!  Mother and son are doing great. We were up at the hospital last night with the other grandkids to see the new boy. We brought the kids home with us - arriving here at midnight. I rocked Mr. T to sleep - he was wound up. So was I, because even after I got them all to bed, I did not sleep well. Then rather than sleep in, they got up at 5:30 with Toby. Toby went off to work leaving me to get them dressed and fed and out to see the chickens before heading to town to see the new brother.

The new brother does not have a name as of this post. He is 7.7 pounds and 19 inches long. He is perfect. He is a snuggler. I know, because I did some snuggling with him this morning. I took some photos too. Here are a few. Then I'm going to go take a nap so that I can start over with grandbabies later today.


5 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Yep, a reason to celebrate!

Etienne said...

Congrats!

I can see your granddaughter probably is thinking: yes, more babysitting allowance!

Well they could name him Charles after Charlotte (the Mountbatten-Windsor and Clinton princesses). Hmm, maybe: Carlos de la quinta de Mayo

Bag Blog said...

Last week a young friend of ours had a baby girl. They named her Charlie Marie. She was born before Princes Charlotte, so it was not like they were keeping up with the Royals.

Moogie P said...

Awww. I LOVE his birthday!

Jo Castillo said...

Congratulations to all. Such a cutie and compliment to the family. Applause.