Friday, March 23, 2018

Spring Painting

Spring is finally here. I love the pear trees and redbud trees blooming.  I hope to get out and takes some new photos of the redbuds and do a few paintings from them.  They make good Okie paintings.  I've been taking quite a few pics lately for future paintings.  Now I just have to make myself paint more often.  Painting with the art girls or ladies doesn't always count.  It is good that I do the classes, because I am painting, but in a way, classes keep me from doing my own thang. Of course, that is just an excuse. I have plenty of time to do my own thang.  I just procrastinate.

With the ceramic class, I'm getting lots of art these days.  Last night it was warm enough to go out to the barn and throw a pot. Toby went with me. We each sat down to a wheel. I gave Toby instructions as my teacher gave me. At first it was not going well for Toby. I thought he was not gonna get it, but then he centered his clay perfectly. Then he opened it without any problems and pulled it up in some weird way.  His cup turned out much better than mine - darn it.

We had a good day at art with the ladies.  My usual crew was there. Everyone seemed to have something they wanted to paint. Sometimes they want me to choose something for them. I try to give them suggestions. Sometimes when I plan what we are going to paint, they either love it or hate it. When they hate it, art is not much fun. I like it when they have something they are excited about.  I painted ducks at a park - seemed appropriate for spring.

The diet is still going well.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Lou, I love your potting partner! Sounds like you had a good time. Anxious to see your new paintings. It must be difficult to think of new things for your classes. I’ve noticed on our Scavenger Hunts that we are mainly recycling old lists.

We had car difficulties this week so we missed the OSU - TX baseball game. Horns lost 6 - 1. OSU had a shut out going until the 8th inning. We went to a local pizza place and watched on the Longhorn Network. Pretty good evening with pizza and wine even though we didn’t like the results of the game. Ha.

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
Yep, Toby and I are turning into regular pot heads. Don't tell Gene! Soon it will be time to get the bicycles out. So far, it has been windy or cold or just too busy .