Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Busy Week

It's going to be a busy day - maybe a busy week.  I have made my list and I am sticking to it.

After I rob the bank, I will go by the Edge alterative school to look in on my new classroom. I will be teaching there one morning a week. That should be simple enough. I need to get a few lesson plans under my belt, but first I need to see the room and do a bit of inventory - what is there, what is needed, what can I work with, etc.  This morning I looked online and I seem to be a certified teacher, but who really cares :) I also have lots of questions about when I start and what my schedule will be. Well, I know I start next Wed week, but I need specific times and such. I probably need to fill out some forms so I can get paid and the government can get its share.


After my classroom visit I have a CTAC board meeting. Last weekend I spent the morning with the CTAC board learning new stuff. Well, I'm not sure I really learned anything, but it was okay. I like the people and the food was good :) The CTAC board is the biggie, but then I am on two committees that seem to take up lots of time. I need to get myself organized.
I am trying to be better about putting dates and times of meetings on my phone. Since I am a visual/physical sort of person, I have been keeping a calendar of events and lists of to-do's. It really helps me to look at that calendar each morning. Last week I went by the CTAC office to pick up some forms. Darsy, the CTAC director, said, "Oh you are early for the meeting." I got that deer-in-the-headlights look, "What meeting?!" Darsy laughed, but I think she thinks I have few brains.

At some point while I am in town, I have to make a visit to the tag agency or motor vehicle dept, as some would call it. It seems that we have been driving our truck for a year without new tags ! I know the ultimate responsibility is on us, but the tag agency put our address down wrong last year and we have not been getting notices. I am willing to forgive them, but they do not reciprocate my forgiveness. I am sure to pay a big fine. I hate doing this sort of thing.

While I am in town I will make a stop  at Wal-Mart. Nothing new there.  Maybe I will have a taco at Taco Casa along with a big iced tea.  Quick, easy, and cheap - if you are what you eat.

One of the reasons for the Wal-Mart trip is to buy groceries for my weekend at Lake Texoma. We are having a mother-daughter weekend at a friends lake house.  It should be fun. I am in charge of making dinner one night. I chose fajitas. So, I need to get all the ingredients and maybe some dessert of some sort.

And with that, I must get myself showered and dressed and on the way.  Have a good week!


5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

You sound too busy. Hope the teaching is fun. Usually some sort of schedule helps me get organized.

Mother daughter weekend sounds super! Have fun, give Jesse a hug. BTW, I love Jesse’s painting. It’s been in front of the fireplace and the more I look at it the more I like it. The light was just right on it the other day and I wanted to walk up to it and look behind that first ridge to see what’s there. Beautiful.

bag blog said...

Jo, I do need structure in my life, although I sometimes hate it. The mother-daughter weekend should be fun. It may cool down and rain. Wouldn't that be nice?

I'll pass on your compliments to Jesse.

Jo Castillo said...

I forgot to mention how much I like the Wagon Mound House, too. Very special to me. I will have to move my house collection to a bigger wall. :-)

Rain would be real nice.

Anonymous said...

I envy your commitment to getting things done! I think of you when I drive up to Tulsa and see the exit for Duncan. I wonder then if you are "in town" running your errands and wish I could meet you for coffee at Viridian.


FF

P.S. If you still have my email, drop me a line! Thanks.

Bag Blog said...

FF,
I hope I still have your email, but I will have to search for it - that may take time. I will let you know if I have it or not. Finding things is one of my past-times, but not one of my favorites :)