Thursday, August 06, 2020

Gettin' Old

Today I had to do some work at the CTAC office.  Darcy, the director, went on a much needed vacation. She has been working hard for a long time. She did leave some work behind, though. One of the things that needed doing while she was gone was to stuff and mail out the latest show invitations.  Darcy had the invitations sent to me so that I could get them to the office. She sent out an email to get volunteers to come and help stuff and stick on address labels. It all went off like clockwork. Although, one of the ladies who volunteered said she would help "if we all masked up." So, I got to the office early and set up tables to work from. I set them well over six feet apart. I told her I would wear my mask only if I got close to her. That worked pretty well too.

This show is our annual Kickoff the season show. It is not for awards, but just to show. People love coming to the receptions that we throw, and this is when they usually renew their membership. But this year the board voted to cancel the reception. I was all for having it, but people are still a bit freaked out. I don't want to force my views on any of them (don't snicker). Some people have legit fears. Others, well, I don't know what to think or how to help them. Without the reception, we could lose lots of memberships. That's a biggie for a non-profit group like CTAC. Oh well. 

Today I did a phone interview with someone from the Lawton Constitution newspaper. He wanted to ask questions on how the pandemic was effecting us. I think I did pretty well answering his questions until he got to some philosophical question like how do we see ourselves helping the community in this time of pandemic. About halfway through my answer, I forgot exactly what he had asked. I wanted to ask him to repeat the question, but then I would just look dumb. Still, I so totally lost my train of thought, I'm sure I sounded rather dumb anyway. This getting old stuff...Sometimes it makes me laugh out loud.     

4 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I’m so happy not to be trying to keep the Bastrop art group together. You have your work cut out for you. Best of luck with that.

"I don't want to force my views on any of them (don't snicker).” This made me laugh as did your interview. Many hugs for my chuckles today.

The Bastrop group has that huge new building to pay for. They rented it out to an Art School from Austin. So the Bastrop folks will have space to show their work and an office. The school rented that and a new building down town. We barely get students for a 6 person class, not sure how they will find people to come here and pay for school and a place to stay. It will be amazing if it happens. They are also putting up some sort of portables in the back to rent out for studios or ?? Anyway so happy it isn’t my problem.

Bag Blog said...

I like giving you a chuckle for the day. Laughter is the best medicine. Hopefully the CTAC will do well through this pandemic. That is what the Lawton Constitution wanted to visit with me about, mostly. The article came out in Sunday's paper, and it was okay. The guy spelled my name wrong.

Jo Castillo said...

Ha, so you are somewhat famous now. Dang!

Bag Blog said...

Jo,
He did include a photo of me. People will recognize my face, but not my name :)