Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Painting through the Heat

Although it has not been a horribly hot summer, this past week was stinking hot.  The good news is that it is mid-August. I feel like we are on the downhill side of the summer and the heat. I may make it yet, but I had my doubts. The heat seems to be more of a problem for me these days. Maybe I am just crankier in my old age.

Here are a couple of paintings that I have been working on. Both are pastels. The first one is from an old photo of the GGs playing with a caterpillar. The second one is typical NM trail in the mountains.  


2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

The heat is a pain. This is our first summer to stay here I central Texas. The heat is a good reason to head to the mountains like in your painting. It takes me home.

Aww, the girls are precious. You have a beautiful memory there. Very well done on both.

Bag Blog said...

Jo, thanks! I had started the painting of the girls earlier this summer. Then did all those watercolors. Then I wanted to do something to paint lots of light. I still haven't found just the right thing. Isn't that the problem - finding just the right thing to paint? Sometimes I see a painting and I think, "Wow, that worked really well! I would never have thought to paint that..."